Chapter One: The Muslim Hunk

8/09/2008

"It's not always about fame and fortune. Sometimes it's about the beauty deep down_"
-Zara Abdul

THE night seemed extremely silent as the sky remained gloomy with the darkest of clouds covering it like a blanket of darkness, hiding away the mysteries of the day –it wasn't as if the day was special but something about it was terribly off.

Was it the way the night quieted, allowing the fog to shield away the nature? Or the way the owl kept crying as if revealing the darkest of secrets.

It wasn't too long for him to find out the answer, as the door creaked open. Summoning his undivided attention, causing his heartbeat to drum against his hearing, numbing his muscles and draining away his energy.

As a figure in white emerged.

Surrounded by a certain light of purity, causing her face to glow almost magical. Large hazel eyes stared at him, its warmth spreading around the room and providing comfort against the cold walls.

It was as if his soul was snatched out of him, feeling his breath come to a halt as a smile graced her soft features. Seeing her large hazel eyes twinkled with the brightest of lights, as her lips stretched to a soft smile. Long chestnut hair falling across her shoulders as a striking white garment covered her slender frame.

He stilled as she stood before him, the bed barely dipping as it supported her weight, seeing the woman leaned in and cupped his face, lingering a chaste kiss on the crown of his head.

"Be patient, Isma'il. Endure patiently, there's blessing ahead".

She smiled assuringly, slowly getting off the bed. Nasim panicked as his eyes widened like saucers, knowing what was to come. Swallowing down the lump in his throat, his eyes glistened as he finally found his voice.

"Aidah, no!"

He cried feeling his voice raspy as he virgorously shook his head. Feeling his body heavy, his breath turned shallow as she spared him a glance and turned on her heels. Ignoring his cries of protest.

He couldn't decipher what was going on. Nor could he fathom the strong force that held him back as the sudden urge to at least move out of the bed increased, but his effort remained futile. As he felt himself sinking in the huge bed, slipping into the endless abyss of pain, that seem to be going on forever.

Feeling a lump coiled around his throat almost like a barbed wire. Choking his breath and tearing through his skin, an agonizing sob ripping out of his lips. He looked as she suddenly disappeared into the thin air. As if she never exist.

Muffling his sobs, a gut-wrenching scream ripped out of his mouth, shaking the four walls that surrounded him as the sound resonated for the second time.

"Please take it away" it wasn't a mere whisper that slipped out of his lips as he looked heavenward.

It was a wish straight from the bottom of his heart. But then, when was everything he said not a wish.

Even the once gloomy moon that hid behind the gloomy sky choose to peek out of its shield to cry along with the broken man, kneeling on the cold floor.

Even as the rain start pouring, he battled with his demons trying to find solace in the cries of the sky. Yet it did nothing to soothe him, as he remained there on his knees; cursing his fate and wallowing in self pity.