Pressure

A QUICK AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Dear friends,

I launched a Patreon where you can get early access to written works (including this story) + some other perks for only 1,50 USD. All of the funds are going to the self-publishing of my future books. Consider checking out my Patreon (it's in my Linktree which is in my bio). 

Happy reading!

For as long as Renesmee Cullen had known Jacob Black (which was the entirety of her brief life), he had to be the most chill guy ever. He was the kind of person who would buy her dozens of sugary drinks and would allow her to mix and to drink them. He had been the one to teach her skills that her family didn't want her to possess. Heck, he had even given her the talk, angering her parents!

But lately, things had begun to change between the two. The walks in the woods had become shorter. Instead, Jacob would prefer to take her to public places, where he would attempt to hold her hand and to wrap his arms around her. Whenever a stranger would make a comment about them, claiming that Renesmee and Jacob were such a cute couple (which they were not, they weren't even dating at all), the shapeshifter would smile to himself and the hybrid could clearly see that. She would always raise her eyebrow, questioning it, but would get no answer.

Until one day, Jacob allowed himself to attempt to press a kiss on Renesmee's lips. Realising what was about to happen, the hybrid used all of her strength to push him away, attracting unwanted attention. The passersby, especially the elderly tattle-tales, were staring at them with eyes wide open.

"What were you thinking?", Renesmee began, raising her voice.

Jacob's face was flushed like a tomato. He had thought she would have appreciated it - that she wasn't like her mother. But the pear never fell too far from the tree. Renesmee was too much like her mother sometimes and he loathed that with a burning passion.

"Why are you pressuring me into this? I don't want to be with you!", she continued. More and more people were turning their heads to watch what was going on. If it continued, the police would have to intervene. Even though Renesmee's grandfather was the chief of the police, she didn't want to have problems with him. And she didn't want her family, especially her mother (who had hoped and prayed that her daughter would fix her past mistakes by being with the man she couldn't love the way he wanted her to) to argue with her. It was her life, therefore her decisions, including her love life.

"I don't understand Jacob all of my life you've always been this super cool guy and now suddenly you're trying to pressure me into dating you! What is wrong with you?"

"I just want to be happy! You're my imprint, can't I be happy with you?", Jacob insisted, but it didn't help him justify himself.

"You can be happy with someone else!", Renesmee spat in his face, "I'm done with this bullshit!"

And then she stomped away, seeing red and leaving the shapeshifter even more perplexed than ever.