She Knows

A QUICK AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Dear friends,

I launched a Patreon where you can get early access to written works (including this story) + some other perks for only 1,50 USD. All of the funds are going to the self-publishing of my future books. Consider checking out my Patreon (it's in my Linktree which is in my bio). Alternatively, you can buy me a coffee from my Linktree (Ko-fi).

Happy reading!

Renesmee Cullen knew more than people around her believed she did. Sure, she had been alive for a much shorter amount of time than the rest of her family, but she wasn't stupid.

There were moments in her life that she would never forget until the very day she died. Moments that had shaped her as a person. One of them was from her early days on the planet. She had been a tiny infant in her auntie Rose's arms when a stranger had approached them slowly, with anger written on his face. But the moment he had laid eyes on the newborn baby, the two of them knew from that moment on, it would be different for everyone.

That stranger would turn out to be the person who would teach her how to swim, ride a bike and who would always encourage her to go and play with the other children.

Jacob Black.

He had always been part of her life, ever since their eyes had met for the very first time. He had witnessed each and every little milestone of her life.

The years had gone by quickly and now Renesmee was a young lady. One thing, however, never changed - her ritual walks with Jacob. Every day, after breakfast, he would take her for a walk, where they would hunt or race each other. It was a great way to motivate her to keep on drinking animal blood, as the rest of her family did. And exercise was great no matter what species one was.

One day, as she was on her morning walk with Jacob, her hand in his, she suddenly released her fingers from his grip. That made Jacob stop in his tracks and raise his eyebrows at her. "What's wrong?"

The hybrid girl took a deep breath before blurting it out: "I know that you imprinted on me."

The shapeshifter was stunned. She knew? How? He hadn't told her anything. He squeezed his lips into a thin line out of anger. Whoever had told her was going to pay!

Seeing him get angry, Renesmee couldn't help but chuckle, "Relax, no one told me. I fact, I kinda figured it out all by myself."

Jacob's face began to relax, but his eyebrows never lost their shape of confusion, "Huh?"

Renesmee smirked. People around her underestimated her all the time, she was practically used to it now, "I remember everything, you know?"

The shapeshifter mentally slapped his forehead. Of course, she knew! She was incredibly intelligent - she noticed everything! Suddenly, he felt like an idiot. Perhaps, instead of keeping it from her, he could have spoken to her about the imprinting earlier. Maybe things would be different now?

"I should ask why didn't you tell me, but I get it," she continued, seeing that Jacob wasn't going to speak anytime soon, as he was stupefied. "You probably thought I would have no choice. I'm glad you didn't tell me and let me figure it out myself. I think that's very considerate of you."

The shapeshifter exhaled with relief. He thought he would have to go over everything. But seeing that Renesmee was more aware than he thought, things were going to be easier.

Or he thought so.