.・゜𝘕𝘰𝘷𝘢 𝘙𝘪𝘰 𝘚𝘢𝘨𝘦 [ 𝐖𝐈𝐊𝐈 ]

.・゜NOVA RIO SAGE
my stargirl

・゜NOVA RIO SAGEmy stargirl

BORN September 30, 1989 (age 29)

OCCUPATION school teacher, boxer, part-time vigilante

SIGNIFICANT OTHER Diego Hargreeves

CHILDREN N/A (as of early 2019)

NATIONALITY American

FAMILY Orion Rio Sage (deceased), Max Rio Sage (M.I.A.), Artemis Rio Sage (deceased)

ASSOCIATED Hannah Embers (friend), Skye Samuels (friend), Klaus Hargreeves (friend), Vanya Hargreeves (friend), Allison Hargreeves (friend), Five Hargreeves (acquainted), Luther Hargreeves (acquainted)

NICKNAMES / ALIASES Bubblegum, Supernova

POWERS healing, extreme hearing, extreme sense of smell, can create a force field to protect any person or thing she wants, can shoot laser-like rays from her fists

     Born on September 30, 1989, to Orion Rio Sage, Nova was destined for greatness from the beginning.  Due to her powers being downright comic-like, she kept them on the down low for years until her best friend Hannah discovered them by accident in high school.  Her powers always kept her on her toes and were always overwhelming the small girl, but she managed to use them for good and keep them under wraps at all times.

     Sensitive subjects include the death of her mother and brother and her "dad" who abandoned her when she was young.  Nova wanted to proceed into a career of medicine but decided being a doctor would be too much on her heart so she opted for a career in teaching instead.  After high school, her friend and known vigilante Diego Hargreeves (a member of the Umbrella Academy, who her brother Artemis admired for years) made her a version of his own mask but in glow in the dark pink, allowing the girl to take up a superhero life outside of her own.  He also brought her to the gym he lived at, giving the girl an outlet to her stress through boxing.

     Sometimes Diego was faster than Nova, and sometimes Nova was faster than Diego.  No matter what, they were always able to keep their identities hidden because of the fact that they worked in the shadows.  When Nova stepped back to focus more on her own life, Diego became hurt and they spent almost a whole year without talking before he came crawling back - quite literally since he had been stabbed in the chest and needed Nova to save his life.

     Nova gained the nickname Bubblegum due to the force field she can create around herself, but she didn't come up with it herself.  A woman on the news did, and it stuck.  When Nova forms the force field, she can also use it to divert objects being thrown or pushed in her direction and throw them back where they came from, or in a new direction entirely.  She can also heal with a light touch of her finger since she's been mastering that skill since she was six.

     Long story short, Nova thought the end of the world was only a plot device in movies and tv shows.

jj 2019