47. Undeserving

Athelia had never felt more at home on alien planet than she did as she walked along the dark sands of Svartalfheim. In a way it looked nearly identical to the Deadlands of Dorian and for moment that's exactly where she thought she was.

     "You look rather happy for someone's who's about to die," Loki chuckled, keeping his voice low so Thor couldn't hear him from ahead.

      Athelia didn't want to speak to him, but she also didn't want to walk with Thor as he carried a nearly lifeless Freya. She couldn't look at her or listen to him repeat the plans over and over again. She knew what had to be done, but she wanted to find some peace to dwell in before her world turned to chaos.

      "I never congratulated you in your nuptials." Loki started again, pulling back even further from Thor as they approached the last sand mound that separated them from Malekith's ship. He wasn't surprised she pretended she didn't here, but at this point he would try anything to get her to speak to him. "I guess I'm your brother now," he chuckled. "Or does that make me your uncle?"

      Athelia snapped and grabbed him by throat. She could listen to him taunt her for days on end, but she would not stand to here anything in regards to her lineage or the lies that weave through it.

     "You are not my uncle. You are not my brother. You are not my friend." She seethed, shoving him up against the rocks that hid them. "I've tried to play nice this far Loki and I am very grateful that you saved my life, but your games stop now."

     "What games?"

     "You know damn well what you are doing, Loki," she snapped quietly. "Don't play me for a fool Loki, not today. Not here. I promised your brother that I would never hurt him, but so help me if something happens to my child because of your nonsense, I will kill you."

     "An hour ago you were begging me to touch you and now you're threatening my life? You really do need to sort out your priorities."

     "I said no such thing," she said, squeezing his throat tighter.

    "You didn't have to." He whispered, leaning as far into her grip as possible. "You think he doesn't see the way you look at me when you think him to be distracted or the way you look at him when he treats me unkindly? He does. He may dimwitted, but he's not completely stupid."

     She glanced back, making sure Thor had not returned before pushing closer to Loki and leaning forward until he could feel her hot breath on his ear.

     "Say another word and I will take you to Thanos myself," she snarled, instantly feeling his body stiffen against her. She pulled away slowly, smirking as she felt the fear flood within him. She basked in the energy for just a moment until his hand wrapped tightly around her bind, pulling the darkness from the forefront with every inch of blue that crept down his hand.

      "You know your beautiful when your angry." He chuckled, ignoring her empty threat as she stepped away in a fluster. She held her bind tightly, letting the seeing of her skin bring her back to the reality she had so quickly and unknowingly stepped away from. "It's getting worse isn't it? Without the other bind. Is it harder to control?"

     She shook her head, wishing Thor would hurry on his scouting mission. "I'm fine."

     "You're not though, are you?"

     She turned away from him as his grin faded into a look of terrified concern. "I should go check on Thor."

      "Do you love him?" He asked her as she began to walk away, she froze just as Thor came into view on the edge of the sand dune.