+~three~+

(Warning: tHiS cHaPtEr iS pRoBaBlY tHe LoNgEsT sO fAr... [or maybe it's just that I'm writing this one on my phone XD] OH AND LOTS OF FEELS!)

         I skipped along the street with my head high and a smile on my face. I was on my way to meet Aiden again. We had been seeing each other every day for about a month now. Getting to talk to him had a great effect on my life. I never knew how much I really needed to talk to someone who understands.

         For the first week or so, we would talk about our feelings. It felt so relieving to let it all out after all those years. Eventually, we started talking like friends would. We'd tell each other about our day, make jokes, and comfort each other when we needed it. It took me a while to realize that I had finally allowed myself to make a friend.

         Now, I had arrived at our meeting spot. Aiden grinned as I put down my backpack and sat down.

         "What did you bring for lunch today?", he asked as I handed him a small container.

         "You're not even going to greet me first?", I quipped.

          "Ah, yes. Good afternoon Princess Jianna!" He knew I didn't like attention, so he started teasing me like that. It made me flustered, but I found it kinda cute.

          I blushed and laughed shyly. "Hey! I told you not to call me that!"

          "Why not, Princess-" I shoved a piece of bread in his mouth before he could complete his sentence.

          "That's more like it," I said with a smirk.

•••

          After finishing our lunch, we decided to go for a walk. It was about time we did something different. Usually, we would just hang out there and talk, but we were both starting to get bored and we needed a change of scenery.

         "Where should we go?", I asked. It was quiet for a moment as he thought about it.

         "There is one place I know... I used to go there when I was a teen. I always heard it was really beautiful." As he recalled the place he used to visit, he smiled softly, but with sad eyes. I placed a hand on his shoulder, and he realized that I was concerned. He blinked the tears away and stood up.

         "Aiden? What-", I questioned as he walked away, pulling me with him by the wrist. "Wait, are we going?"

         "You'll see. You're gonna love it," he said, smiling again. Man, I love that smile.

•••

         We walked beside each other in silence. I looked at him, asking myself how he could get around so easily without seeing where he's going. I had no idea how to get to this place, but somehow, he did.

         One thought led to another, and then I was staring at him, examining every detail of his face. I had just noticed how perfect he was behind his round spectacles. Everything about him, his eyes, his lips... It was all perfect. I found myself staring at his lips, my mind wandering into forbidden places. I realized what I was doing and looked away. How the hell did that happen?, I thought, begging my heart to stop beating so fast.

         I was startled when he spoke up, breaking the silence. "You wanna know something?"

         "What is it?", I asked, still recovering from the moment before.

         "Sometimes I wonder what you look like. I bet you're really pretty. Even though I don't know what 'pretty' looks like either...", he sighed. "You sound pretty." Not knowing to respond, I stayed silent.