Chapter 7: Sports Festival Pt.1

Heat. Too much of it. Izuku was walking through the corridors to reunite with his class to wait for the festival to begin when his enhanced senses went overboard as he turned around to see Him turning around the corner. Izuku's eyes were filled with hate as he looked at him while his voice oozing with venom spat out a single word, a name.

- Endeavor - said Izuku as his eyes turned red for a second but immediately went back to normal when he saw someone appear from behind him. Someone he knew.

- See you later dad! - said Shota Todoroki as she waved goodbye and turned around to go join the rest of her classmates. She went through the corridor in which Izuku was seconds ago but she didn't stop as she didn't see anyone there. As she went away, Izuku fell to the ground, as he had been sticking to the ceiling, his face twisted in a grin of anger.

- We'll have to inform about this later - he said mentally to Carnage as he moved on towards the area where the rest of his classmates were. When he got there, he was smiling sadistically towards the stadium's entrance, and this action did not go unnoticed among his classmates. But before anyone had the time to say anything, they were called outside. All first year students were there. Once outside, the 18+ heroine, Midnight, announced that the first round would consist of a race, in which only the first 37 students would classify to the following round. Midnight told them to get in position on the beginning line, and so did everyone. Midnight announced the countdown.

- 10! 9! 8! – Midnight said. Izuku smiled sadistically, scaring the students around him – 7! 6! 5! 4! – she continued. Izuku looked at his sister, who was around four meters in front of him. He felt the symbiote fibers tightening inside his body as he got ready – 3! 2! 1! – Izuku's smile widened – GO! – As she said this, a loud horn echoed through the arena as people screamed and cheered and the students began running.

Izuku quickly surpassed several students as he went through the entrance tunnel towards the first obstacle. As soon as he got out, his enhanced senses warned him and he quickly jumped 4 meters upwards and frontwards as ice covered the ground he was standing on a couple seconds ago. While in the air he saw that his classmates had also seen it coming and avoided Todoroki's ice, along with other students from different classes, and he saw two Zero Pointers blocking the way, which were almost immediately encased in ice. 

He realized that they were in a dangerous position, making it so that most students would have to slow down, but he realized that there was a way. Izuku quickly stretched out his right arm as a red tendril emerged from his hand, stretched many meters, and sticked to the right robot. He pulled towards him and used the centrifugal force to swing between both robots quickly enough to avoid them falling on him, and once he was on the other side, without releasing the robot, he launched another tendril with his other hand towards the ground to then pull from both and cause the robot to start leaning towards the other robot. 

He then let go and fell to the ground, breaking it a bit as he landed, only to start running again towards the next obstacle as he heard a very loud ice cracking and metal breaking noise, signaling that the standing robots were no more.

In just a moment, he saw the second obstacle ahead. 

The Fall, a canyon that had to be trekked by walking ropes. He placed one knee on the floor to prepare to jump to the nearest platform, but his senses warned him of an immediate approaching danger he turned around just in time to block Bakugo's punch with his forearm. He smiled, but his smiled disappeared quickly as he saw Bakugo smiling too, like a madman, just before he opened his fist and let go a powerful explosion which sent Izuku down to the canyon, followed by a loud – Shine!

Izuku was left slightly stunned before he quickly regained hold of himself and transformed his hands and feet into claws to stop his fall before landing at the bottom of the canyon. He looked upwards to see Bakugo going through the platforms, followed closely by Sero and Tokoyami, and the rest of the competitors following behind as they could. He was enraged now. How could he take him by surprise like that? He had underestimated all of them, without realizing that he wasn't at 100% yet. It wasn't going to happen again.