The revelation

Hi welcome to the next chapter, I really hope you're enjoying this book, please don't forget to vote and comment, thank you.  

After the prophecy was revealed to Edward and Maria they were happy, but they knew a girl wouldn't make it too far, so they prayed for a boy, they told no one of the pregnancy when Maria became pregnant, and moved to the mortal world, telling friends that they were going on holiday, they lived in the mortal world and checked into a mortal hospital when the time to give birth came.

When a girl was born, they decided that the only way to keep her safe was to give her up. So after Maria was discharged from the hospital Edward and Maria began looking for someone to adopt Anastasia, they needed someone they could trust, but also someone that wouldn't cause suspicion, they had decided an orphanage was out of the question they found a mortal couple that had no children of their own, this couple was perfect, not only did they have no children, they had no family, not many friends, they were perfect as no one would question a sudden child, they went to their house and explained the situation, Edward had explained to Steven that he was a witch and he explained the prophecy and also explained how his daughter was in danger due to being a girl, Steven promised that he would look after young Anastasia, Edward asked Steven to send Anastasia to the other realm on her sixteenth birthday, so that she can receive her powers, to this Steven and his wife had both promised. Of course the question remained, how would young Anastasia get to the magical realm, Edward and Maria smiled wide, it was time to show these mortals what witches could do.

Edward and Maria, with a wide smile, and a tiny bit of showing off, proceeded in making the desk, and the tunnel, they made a key, which Edward gave to Steven, telling him to give this key to Anastasia when she turns sixteen, Edward explained to Steven that no one exept Anastasia will be able to enter the tunnel, as Edward had used his DNA to lock the desk, the tunnel was easy to make, Edward had used magic to dig, Maria helped all she could, as she was still recovering from labour  she really couldn't help much.

Steven and Caroline were fascinated as they watched Edward and Maria at work, if there had been any doubt in Stevens mind about Edward being a witch, the doubt was no more. Edward made sure that there was a light source after his daughter enters the tunnel network under the house, he used a spell to create light, he also made sure there was only one path, because they were in a tunnel network he found there to be many  paths, he and Maria made sure to block all the paths they were not using, Maria also used a well revised spell to make sure that no rats, bats, or spiders can come in here, she hated rats, bats and creepy crawlies, she shivered just thinking about them, to which her husband smiled knowingly, Maria had rolled her eyes at him as she completed the spell,   half way through building this tunnel Edward had removed his jacket and shirt, finding it hot. Maria simply used another spell to fan her husband, Steven, Caroline, Edward and Maria had a good laugh

"Will all these spells hold for sixteen years?" Steven had asked

"That's the great thing about magic" Edward began with a hand on Stevens shoulder "these spells will last forever" Edward had smiled, Steven had looked at Maria, Maria had smiled with a nod confirming what Edward had said to be true

"Wow" Steven whistled "I wish I could do magic" to which Edward had just smiled, as if to say 'you have no idea what you're missing'.

Finally he found the spot he thought would be perfect for the portal, he wrote the incantation on the wall, he cut his finger to seal the spell with his blood, therefore making sure than only his blood could open the portal, he then created the boulders that would block the portal.  Finally  the portal leading to the magical realm was ready. Edward was proud of his work, he had then left the portal, wrote everything in this journal, with a promise to be back, he blinked to the library and entrusted the librarian with the journal making him promise to give it to his daughter when she comes.

The journal ended there, and things started to make sense now, after Edward had returned  to Steven's house the council must have found out that Edward had broken a rule, so the council killed him and his wife, then they must have gone to kill the mortals, but when they saw that the mortals had a child they settled to wipe their memories instead, and because Steven and Caroline had no memory of meeting Edward they didn't send me to the other realm on my sixteenth birthday. Now it was time to decide what I should do, the prophecy stated I was a ruler, but the realm wasn't ready for a female ruler, but it was my right, but I knew nothing of this world, I knew nothing about being a witch, and most importantly I had no powers.

I went to the other realm nearly three hours before my initiation, I was walking along a stoney path, it had beautiful smelling flowers on either side, I had no idea where this path would lead me, but it helped me think, I knew what my prophecy stated but was I ready to take on the world to get what was rightfully mine?

I came to a wooden bench that overlooked the town, I was on a hill now, and I could see a river and many houses, I sat down, not even close to making a decision.

Sorry for short chapter.