•Chapter 4: The Decision•

The next few days Ciel spent in his room. He sat on his bed, peering at the closed window, simultaneously hoping and dreading that an Alpha would open it. He hadn't seen Alois or Claude since their... Confessions.

Yet, he had reflected about the way they professed. Each Alpha hungered for him in a way of their own. 

Sebastian just wanted a mate, he wanted to be complete, and needed someone to love him. Ciel was the only one he thought could complete that, him being the greatest Omega. Ciel didn't want to be known as just that and he didn't feel like drowning his whole life in the presence of what would be his Alpha, but he would feel terrible if he didn't choose Sebastian and only hurt him more. That man was so hopeless.

Claude, on the other hand, was absolutely mortifying. Ciel wanted nothing more than to stay hundreds of feet away from that man. But it made Ciel's blood freeze in its circulation to imagine what he might do to Ciel if he wasn't chosen. Who could protect him against the tyrant Alpha?? Sebastian, maybe, but he couldn't stand the overwhelming pressure that came with his company.

Alois.... Alois craved Ciel not because he was the best, like the other did, but Ciel's personality. He would give Ciel all he wanted, even sweets! Nobody ever cared what Ciel wanted, it was always what they wanted. Alois cared what Ciel wanted. Alois promised him everything he dreamed someone would. He greatest desires would be given by Alois. But... How well could Alois protect him from the outside world?

Ciel sighed and fell back against his bed. He focused on the rise and fall of his chest. Soon enough, his heart would not only belong to him inside his chest, but another, his mate, his Alpha.

It was time to tell the others.

×××××××××××

Ciel stood in his living room in front of the three Alphas he'd ever been connected to. The smell wafting from them was overpowering and combined with the pressure of their gaze, Ciel was on the verge of a headache. But it was time. He had to make his choice clear to all three Alphas.

He inhaled deeply and addressed the eager males before him.

"I'm 16," Ciel began. "I realize it is best to choose a mate before you are 18." He couldn't help but glance at Sebastian, who looked down at his hands. "My time is running out. Recently, I have been given several confessions, and apparently I am somewhat of a prize amongst mates. This makes every Alpha want to mate with me. You each had many reasons to want me, but I decided on who had the best reasons."

Ciel hesitated looking at each face. 

Sebastian's was a desperate plee. If he wasn't chosen, he may never find a mate. Claude's was a malicious smirk. He was positive he scared the little Alpha into mating with him. Alois was expressionless. He tried not to put pressure on Ciel because he said that he didn't have to choose him. But his crystal eyes held what he tried to conceal. He wanted Ciel to choose him. That's all he ever wanted. 

Ciel knew his decision. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. 

"I choose Alois as my mate."

Claude took Ciel's words bitterly. He jumped up, clearly trying not to tear the place to shreds. He stormed out of the house and slammed the door so hard the house shook. He was still fuming by the time he got to his and Alois' place. Once inside, he let out a roar of frustration. He tore threw the house, breaking everything he could. He smashed a vase against the floor, and glass shards flew up, cutting Claude's face. Blood oozed from the cuts as he began to sneer. 

So Phantomhive wants to think Alois cab protect him, that he can choose Alois just like that? He thought as he spat out the metallic taste.

How wrong he was.

×××××××××

Ciel was alarmed at the way Claude had reacted. Maybe he made the wrong decision. The weight on his chest of choosing a mate was replaced with the pressure of facing the consequences. 

"Ciel...." A velvet voice brought Ciel out of his reverie. Sebastian was staring at him with teary eyes. His heart was breaking, you could see it in the way he clutched his shirt and the way he bit his lip. Ciel rushed over to the man and wrapped his small arms around Sebastian as best as he could. "Why... Ciel...?"

Ciel was on the verge of tears of his own. How could one small sentence break one of the strongest people he knew. Ciel pulled back and took Sebastian's hands into his own. 

"Sebastian don't cry. Please, you're one of the strongest people I know. So please don't cry. Sebastian, I didnt choose you because I dont deserve someone like you. You have so much love in your heart. It shouldn't be wasted on me. I may be special but so are you. You deserve to be happy, just as much as I do. You will find someone one day, Sebastian. They will fill the loneliness in your soul, they will make you want to tear down mountains for them. Like how Alois makes me feel. You'll find a mate one day." By the end of his heartfelt speech, both were in tears. They hugged one last time before they pulled away.

"Thank you, Ciel. I... I want you and Alois to have this house. I'll leave and find my own place, and I'll continue to pay for it until you both come of age. Again... Thank you."

The two mates helping d Sebastian pack his clothes and belongings into his suitcases and let him linger for long goodbyes. It all happened so fast, Ciel's head was in a whirl and his stomach in a knot. 

He retreated into the house after Sebastian disappeared from view. 

[Sorry if this chapter is as good. It was mostly improvisation and I was just trying to get it done.]

[I tried to fixes it.]