Sorting

Clothes circumnavigated in every direction, draws cleared and discharged as Y/n prepared her suitcase for an exceptional happening taking place tomorrow. Her petite elegant hands moving at the velocity of light as she accumulated every quintessential twice.

While the excitable girl was reviewing through all category and commemorating every note for an individual subject, the other two boys were more outpatient. One digressing about the newfound endless opportunities that were anticipating for him, what amazing things he could accomplish. The other male was more corrupt with his thoughts, the intelligent mind fabricating a whole new era formulated by him, an era where he was most influential and feared. An era he would slowly produce, it wasn't going to be easy, yes, but it would be worth it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A big, luscious red train pulled up to the station 9 & 3/4. Steamed poured out of it as the siren screeched indicating to all students that it was time to get on. As the doors opened, students rushed as they pushed their ways to find an empty compartment to their liking. 

Ethan grabbed Y/n's hand, before leaving her time to respond, pulled her alongside with him in search of a compartment.  Those actions made Tom left out to find a place of his own, soon coming across an empty compartment himself.

The ride was uneventful for the pair except for laughter that rose from time to time, however, that wasn't the case for Tom. He had come across Abraxas Malfoy, a pureblood with dirty straight blonde hair and piercing grey eyes, the two created a bond from both wanting to get rid of mudbloods, join Slytherin and worship Salazar Slytherin. Abraxas was a well known and respected wizard hence coming from the Malfoy Family. 

Tom figured he could use his assistance, starting out as 'friends' that will soon turn to a lord and his loyal follower, and we all know which roll Tom would apply for.

As we students stood in a line, anticipating for a minute that would conclude what status you were for the rest of life, the moment that would determine what your abilities and qualifications are. 

Before being sorted by the Sorting Hat, it sang:

Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.
You can keep your bowlers black,
Your tops hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.
There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell brave of heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet wise old Ravenclaw,
If you have a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends.
So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And you won't get in a flap!
You're safe in my hands(though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!!

Claps and ovation reverberated throughout the Great Hall. After the noise had quiet down, Professor Slughorn motioned the first student to come progressive and sit on the ottoman. After a few seconds of deliberation, it screamed out, "Gryffindor!". The table with a red lion symbol erupted into cheers, after a few decisions, it was finally time for Y/n to get sorted.

Anxiousness flooded her, as nervousness boiled inside her, taking small steps towards the stool, she finally sat down. The sudden voice spoke to her, "hmm..you're a tricking one, aren't you? Full of potential, you could achieve great things if you pick the right side. Now I'll give you a choice, where do you want to be?" it queried.

Confusion penned all over her face was exposed to anyone who looked at the poor girl, where did she want to be? Y/n lifted her head, on one side seeing Ethan's gummy smile shine at her while Tom's eyes burned into her soul, obviously aware of what was going on he raised an eyebrow. She fought with herself, this wasn't what house she wanted anymore it was who she loved more. 

Everyone who witnessed the scene at the orphanage would have thought the two hated each other to the core but no, at least one of them didn't. Y/n still loved him, she knew it, the only problem was that did he ever love her? Sure, he acted like it many times but the feelings were never confirmed. 

Interrupting her thoughts was a scream that stated, "SLYTHERIN!". She froze, but she didn't make the decision yet. Not wanting to draw attention and question the hat, she walked down slowly and sat next to a guy named Dolohov. He had black hair that looked like a bird's nest. Ignoring the conversations that were going on, Y/n looked over at the Gryffindor table meeting Ethan's sad droopy eyes before mouthing,

"I'm sorry".