chapter 3 <3

Blood Angels Chapter 3

~ sorry it took me so long to update. iv been busy but been trying to find time to type little by little. But my bday this month and im hoping for a laptop so I can do more uploading. haha enjoy!!

~Danielle

Jake POV

Her limp body in my arms chills me as I walk to the garden. What is she? I mean, she has no pulse, and yet I know for a fact that she's not a vampire. I lean my nose down to her hair.

She smells so...pure. "Alex!" I call from entryway as I rush up the stairs. I can feel the servants burn a hole in my back as they stare at me profusely. The grand entrance was huge but it only took a matter of seconds to fly up the staircase with her in my arms.

He appears out of nowhere beside me with furious dark eyes. I can already tell he's upset. Leading the way to the far hall I kick open the door with my foot and lay her on the twin bed. The door wobbles against the impact of the wall, creating a smacking sound.

Her body pale, and covered in scars and bruises. "I told you to get rid of the body!" He snarls.

I cross my arms over my chest and pace back and forth around the room. "I know, I know! But Alex! She's alive!" I whisper.

He glares at me. "No she isn't Jake. I can hear her heart, it's not beating." He whispers harshly. " No! She's alive, I swear! I mean, I'm not positive, but I don't think she's a vampire Alex. Doesn't she smell... clean to you?" He breaks away from my gaze and walks over to her body. He takes a whiff of her scent but immediately backs away coughing.

"God, is she ever!" he hisses while covering his nose.

I watch from across the room as his gaze flutters to her unmoving chest. Even the slightest movement would prove she's alive, but none reveals its presence. His eyes roam her body as I gasp seeing that her clothes are practically shredded reavealing her body completly vulnerable and exposed. God, what happened to her? She's practically dead.

I quickly grab a sheet from the chair behind me and walk over to her side. I was about to cover her when a deep black mark caught my eye. I feel Alex's presence come closer as well as his hand reaches out to move her torn clothes. I can't beleive it. I know this symbol from somewhere.

Her pale bruised skin compares nothing to the black sealed mark on her hip. Something sharp must have cut deep into her skin. A snarl of disgust escapes my lips as I know exactly what caused it.

Our sharp nails are like daggers to a human skin. Every scrape ejects an excrustiating pain of poison straight into the blood stream, paralyzing them. I reach up to remove her remaining clothes from the mark. Dark wings around a single drop of blood. Alexs' hand brushes over the mark seeing for himself if it is really what he is seeing.

Immediatly after his touch her body jerks itself forward in one thrust like a reaction to something. We jump back, crouched for attack as instinct comes in. Our sences go into hyper drive accelerating the brain waves to our bodys, distributing alertness in every nerve of the body, nearly 500 times stronger than a humans.

Cautiously we provoke onward towards her. Right in front of my eyes, I watch confused as her mark fades into a dark puddle ink. The juices slide down her hip and soaks into the sheets beneath her.

Only when they soak into the white bed sheet, the color burns to a blood red. The dark mark on her skin lightly visible as something clicks in my mind. "Alex, stay here with her. I'll be right back." Without another word I leave rushing down the corridor.

I burst into my fathers' study, feeling my eyes darken as I shake. My fathers' eyes dart to me in an instant seeing me breathing heavily. "What's wrong my son?" he urges right in front of me. His movement was so fast I bearly thought of it. "There's something you have to see." His eyes darken as he glares at me.