24

It was her first time going out in public since she'd been with Katherine, she would have to keep her head down and gazed averted, something she hated because these humans were beneath her. But as Katherine explained, they don't accept things that are different from them too easily, and that the town over had been on a 'monster' hunt for the longest time because there was a woman in the woods who could turn into a wolf and was killing people. Shae hadn't the heart to tell her that it had been her they were hunting.

Scents overhwelmed her when she stepped from the curiosity that was a car. It moved faster than she ever could as a wolf but was very confining, moreso even than the den in which katherine lived. The outside did not have the same scents as she was used to. Body odors stung her nose hairs, and fumes from every direction gave her a pounding headache.

Katherine had taken today off of work to get the necessary items for human life, which meant shopping, more specifically they were coming today to get Shae clothes that actually fit her, the last three and half months she was borrowing katherine's.

The store, Shae had only seen images of them through her learning of the human world, smelled even weirder than the car and the outside, a mixture of scents that made her cough when she stepped in. It was also extremely bright inside, it hurt her eyes to stare at the white floors and walls, even with the organization and openess of everything, it wasn't easy to look at much else.

They had come to the conclusion that Shae was very much a dress and skirt kind of female. It allowed her more movement than pants. With it being the summer, dresses were in high demand.

It took them a while to find something, but in the end Shae landed with 6 dresses and 4 skirts with shirts to go with, and then the undergarments. Shae hated those, they were so confining, but Katherine told her they were necessary to live as a twoleg.

Shoes were another necessity, and how she hated them, she couldn't feel the ground beneath her feet and they were extremely uncomfortable and confining. She opted for a pair of black flip flops, the closest she could get to wearing no shoes.

Coming out of stores she was careful to bow her head and avert her gaze from the humans passing by. Walming from place to place she realized a lot of these humans had their pets with them, and their dogs cowered and growled as she passed them or they passed her, garnering apologetic looks from their humans. It was disheartening, she wasn't out to get them, nor they her.

Their last stop was to get food. Very recently, she had been introduced to a liquid called coffee, it had a bitter taste, like the earth beneath her paws, but one she found she liked, defonitely moreso than the fruit drinks Katherine kept. So she made it clear to Katherine that she wanred that.

Sweet drinks weren't to her liking either, they often made her gag at their flavor. she followed Katherine through the aisles, running her hands over boxes and items, marveling at everything. The scents here were even more overpowering than the clothing store they visited. Something new hit her every corner she turned, and when they hit the fresh produce, she saw the meat.

Eagerly she picked up several packages of steak and chicken and placed them in the cart to which she had to put half back because it was too expensive to purchase them all.

She was eager to eat the steak tonight, but knew it would have to be cooked at least partially for katherine's sake.

She helped load the car with the groceries, as they were called, before they headed to pick Katherine's child up, who was at daycare. The idea of daycare reminded her of the mothers in the pack taking turns to watch the pups that were old enough not to require milk, but still weren't old enough to leave the pack or take a mate within the pack.

Shae wanted to hold him on their way back, but he had to in a car seat, to which she gladly sat next to and made talked to him in her native tongue. He was quite a good listener and made gurgles in response. It was difficult not to smile at his reactions. She wanted a child of her own, after seeing him and interacting with him, it was endearing and she wanted something like it.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
School is ending and the summer is coming. My graduation is tomorrow and I'm mentally drained. I do hope you enjoyed this eveh if it was a simple chapter