Epilogue

We are finally at the end of the story and this chapter, and all previous will be left up for 3 days this time before I unpublish parts after chapter 35. My published version will have extra tidbits and a chapter 40 and 41 along with an epilogue.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Shae was in labor, and all he could do was hold her hand. She had insisted, and not that it surprised him, to go through labor without an epidural.

His hand was paying the price for that decision. She was four hours in to birthing twins. Twins were such a rarity among wolves, and especially carrying them to full term. Usually one would die, but both were healthy as far as the ultrasounds went.

Neither of them wanted to know the gender of the babies, going with neutral tones on their room and clothes.

The last year had been so happy for them, the pack was absolutely thriving, and Katherine had become an integral part of their lives. Recently they'd attended her wedding, and watching charlie grow up had been exciting, and helped them know what to expect with their children.

Shae gave a piercing cry before it was matched with a baby's. Their first child was born.

The midwife, Allison, announced it was a baby girl, right before Shae gave birth to their second baby, this one a boy.

One of each. It was the best they could have ever hoped for. Allison was quick to let Shae and him hold them.

They clung to their mother as they nursed for the first time, both he and shae were overwhelmed with joy. They were so small and frail, and although she would never get to see them grow up, he knew they'd have her eyes.

The next three months passed in what seemed like a blur, Jayce and Evelyn grew so quickly, and were attached to Shae like two leeches, but in a good way. It would be devastating for them when she left.

Shae had agreed that it was best she go to the counsel alone, and while he had reservations about it, he knew that he'd kill someone if he went too, and their children needed him.

There was a small farewell party, the pack was still in the dark, they had decided it was best to forge a story rather than explain the truth. Their pack had so much anxiety when she was still feral, it wouldn't have been fair to them to come out about it. It was just her, Katherine, Jerod and his mate Lillian, whom Shae had bonded with ober the last year.

Tears were shed, and final laughs were shared before Shae had to leave.

He walked out with her.

"Be happy, for Evie and Jayce please, let them know about me, I love you so much, know that always ," Shae told him, tears streaming down her face.

"I promise," he whispered, nearly choking on his own tears. He gave her one last kiss, before she shifted and headed to death with open arms.