Jack

"There has to be something we can do!" I yelled angrily.

"We have looked at everything.. (y/n)... I don't think we can save him." Sam said softly.

"There has to be something... he can't die." I said as I looked away.

"I'm sorry." He said softly.

I shook my head and walked away. I let out a sigh as I spotted Jack outside and I walked up to him.

"How are you feeling?" I asked as I set down beside him.

"Tired... what about you... how are you?" He asked softly.

"I'm good."

"I'm dying." He said softly.

"We're going to save you." I said softly.

"No....you guys aren't... I'm going to dye.... but it's okay... because at least I know.. that I got to meet the greatest person alive." He said softly.

"I'm sure Sam will be happy to know he is the greatest person alive." I said with a laugh.

"Shut up." He said as he bumped my shoulder.

I smiled as I bumped into his shoulder and we looked up at the sky.

"Thank you." Jack said softly.

"For what?" I asked softly.

"For being my friend.... and for showing me what it means to love someone." He said softly.

I looked away and tried to hide the tears the threatened to fall.

"You know... I didn't know that what I felt for you at first and then... I realized that I loved you.... and that I'll miss you." He said softly.

I bit my lip and he let out a chuckle.

"I'd miss more time with you....I'd miss your voice and your smile, too. I'd miss you." He said softly.

"I'll miss you too." I whispered.

He nodded his head and bit his lip.

"Can I do something?" He asked softly.

"Of course."

"Close your eyes."

I did what he said and I then felt a gentle press against my lips. My eyes snapped open and I realized that Jack was kissing me. I slowly closed my eyes again and leaned forward. After a few seconds we pulled apart and I sent him a smile.

"I love you too." I whispered.