TWENTY-NINE

"A distinguished medal from the Senator, that's quite the achievement,"

"You won a World War, shut up,"

Lottie and Tony shared a laugh as they sat together in the lab of Tony's Malibu home once more. Lottie gingerly sipped on her coffee, watching as Tony's grabbed a few of  his things and threw them into the box that sat on the table in front of them.

"So, this tower, is it nice?" Tony looked over at her with a smirk.

"Stark Tower is the most drop dead gorgeous thing you will ever see, besides yourself of course,"

"Oh, now you sound exactly like your dad," Lottie scoffed, trying to hide her laughter underneath it all. Tony's smirk softened into a smile as he looked over at her.

"You don't have to come with Pepper and I, you know? Fury said he'd be happy to have you at SHIELD headquarters while you train,"

"You can't get rid of me that easily, Stark. I told you already, we're family," Lottie leaned back in her seat, taking another sip of her coffee. "Besides, I bet no one at SHIELD is going to make ridiculous bets with me and catch me up on television music, and movies like you will."

"Okay first off, you will never win that bet because you're never getting into one of my suits," Lottie only laughed at Tony. "And secondly, you bet your ass no one else will. They'll show you the stupid BS like Twilight. I'll show you AC/DC and Queen."

"And Game of Thrones,"

"Of course, I've got to introduce you to your twin," Tony watched her for a moment as she staring down at the magazine in her lap, flipping through the pages while sipping on her coffee. "That thing you told me about, the weird stuff going on with your head?"

"You mean me seeing the future?" coffee now placed on the table, Lottie looked up at the man before her.

"That. I went through a lot of dad's old files on Project Athena," Tony began putting more things into his box as he explained to Lottie. "What they were able to do to your mind is remarkable. I don't think it can ever be replicated. They enhanced every function of your brain to the point where you can learn just by watching, and in any situation your brain is thinking over any and every possible outcome. I'd have to run some tests, but I think because your brain is so advanced and is thinking of all these outcomes, it's able to pinpoint and actual outcome. But from what you've explained, it only happens in situations of danger. You have a sixth sense for danger, I guess."

Lottie pursed her lips, nodding along as she looked down at the magazine before her.

"A soldier from the 40s who can see the future when in danger. That's fun,"

Tony couldn't help but laugh at her comment, and her laughter soon followed along. Tony stole a glance down at the file that sat on the table in front of him, before finally picking it up and bringing it to Lottie, placing it on the table in front of her.