Chapter One: Welcome Home

Radiator Springs. The gem on the necklace of the famous Route 66, the Mother Road. This small town is one of the most unique and amazing sights down the iconic highway, around halfway down the 2,940km (2,448 mi) route from Chicago to Los Angeles.

Radiator Springs was founded by a steam car by the name of Stanley in 1909, and a statue of him was erected up outside of the town's courthouse. Later, Stanley married Lizzie, a 1923 Ford Model T 2-Door Sedan. After Stanley died, more people soon came to live in Radiator Springs, and the town grew. It was a popular rest area where almost all cars would stop to shop and fill their gas tank. However, in the early 1960's, Interstate 40 was built near Radiator Springs, which greatly decreased traffic for Radiator Springs, since the Interstate bypassed the town. Finally, in the mid 1985, Route 66 was decommissioned.

In 2005, famous racecars Lightning McQueen and Braedey 'Bolt McQueen' Martin raced up into town, the former destroying the town's main road in a hurry to get to a Piston Cup race in Los Angeles, California, and the two racers were arrested for 5 days to fix the road. The two cars soon became friends with the Radiator Springs populace, and after his race, they set up a racing headquarters in the town and stayed there, and the town started to grow again, finally being put back onto the map.

~*~*~

Down on the main road to the small desert town, there is a deep blue sportscar heading off towards Radiator Springs, enjoying her time as she coasts along the road, driving along as she waits for someone.

This car is Mary Berlinetta. She a 2012 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta, with a lovely set of brown eyes, in a lovely shade of deep blue. The sharp lines seem to speak out she is about speed and agility, but also being a cruiser. The sloping lines on the rear look so well with the rest of the body, and she has the Ferrari logo on the front, and just nearby her wing mirrors. She looks rather alluring.

'It's been over around 3 or so years since Braedey had gone to Australia to compete with the V8 Supercars

'It's been over around 3 or so years since Braedey had gone to Australia to compete with the V8 Supercars. He said he wished for a new change of pace.' Mary thought to herself. She slowed herself down to about 10mph, feeling a bit sad. 'I really hope he gets home. It's been too long since I've seen him.' She added in mentally.

About 3 or so years ago, after Braedey and McQueen won the Piston Cup race with The King, Strip Weathers, Braedey was given a position to be a driver for the Redbulldozer Racing Team of the Australian V8 Supercars Championship Series by the owner of the racing team, Leyland Dane; a red 1975 Mark-1 Vauxhall Cavalier. Braedey welcomed in the opportunity to race in somewhere different, and plus, to get better at circuit racing. It was a bit of a surprise for the others that Braedey was given such a position, but they respected his wishes, and allowed him to go off, but not until he got a kiss from Mary.

At that moment, the sound of a truck horn can be heard. Mary looked in her mirrors, just as a large shape drove up alongside her, forcing her to accelerate after. It revealed to be a large MAN truck with green eyes, while having the 'Triple Eight Race Engineering Australia' names and logos written on it with the Triple Eight logo, along with on the two trailers, plus the 'Redbulldozer Racing Australia' written all over them, along with logos. This truck goes by the name of Big Blue, short for Rebecca, Braedey's racing transporter.