Chapter Two: McQueen's Back!

Down on the Main Street for Radiator Springs, Mater was cruising about at around 20mph, looking around to see if there's anyone who might need a tow back into town to get fixed up.

"Mater, Tow Mater, that's who, is here to help you." Mater sang to himself, just as he approached a car down at the side of the road. He pulled up in front, and smiled at who it was. "Hey, Otis!" He greeted.

Otis is a kind old car, and a common sight for Mater and the townsfolk. He's broken down more times than Mater's cousin Betsy after he got left at the altar. He's an old jalopy who isn't quite up to snuff even when he left the factory, and life's been one challenge after another ever since. New parts aren't available, and he's reached the very limit on his roadside service card. In fact, Ramone has repaired him almost weekly for the past few months. Poor Otis just wants to spend some time on the open road ... trouble free.

Otis' make model is a 1972 Shyster Cremlin

Otis' make model is a 1972 Shyster Cremlin. His design to similar to Fred's, the rustiest car in the Rust-Eze tent, who loses his front bumper ever now and then. He is also based on a Lada Riva 2107. Otis' license plate is 06-05-62. Otis is painted in dark blue, with a rusty tan bumper and yellow headlights. He has chrome rims.

"Hey, Mater! I... Oh, gosh. I'm so sorry." Otis apologises to the rusty tow truck. "I thought I could make it this time, but..." He tries to start up his engine, but as he does so, his engine coughs and spluttered, black smoke coming from his exhaust pipe, until his engine finally cuts out. "Smooth like pudding, huh?" He sighed. "Who am I kidding? I'll always be a lemon."

Mater then noticed the puddle of oil under Otis. "Well, dad-gum! You're leaking oil again! Must be your gaskets." He drive behind Otis, hooking his tow hook up to the car's rear bumper, and he starts to tow him back into town. "Hey, but look on the bright side. This is your 10th tow this month, so that means it's on the house!" He told Otis.

"You're the only one that's nice to lemons like me, Mater." Otis said to Mater.

Mater shrugged. "Hey, don't sweat it! Shoot, these things happen to everybody, Otis."

"But you never leak oil!" Otis interjected.

"Yeah, but I ain't perfect." Mater replies, then started to whisper to Otis. "Don't tell nobody either, but I think my rust is starting to show through."

Otis looked over to the billboard for town, the sign reading 'Radiator Springs: Home of Lightning McQueen', and it showed a picture of McQueen on it. "Hey, is Lightning McQueen back yet?" He asked.

Mater smiled. "Not yet."

"He must be crazy excited about winning his 4th Piston Cup! 4! Wow!" Otis spoke out excitedly.

"Yeah, we're so dad-gum proud of him." Mater replied. "But, I sure wish he'd hurry up and get back, 'cause we got a whole summer's worth of best friend fun to make up for, just me and..." He then gasped as he looked down to the centre of town. He could see the townsfolk were in the centre, but right in the middle were Mack and Lightning McQueen! "McQueen!" He launched forward, now racing up to 60mph, almost forgetting he's towing Otis.