The Choice

I was running. Looking around breathing hard, still running. My bestfriends were dead, they were no longer human. I stop when I see no one around, or at least for the moment. I see the roller coaster in front of me the sight of pure horror. I felt a sharp pain on my leg, but all I could do was stare at the coaster in front me filled with horror. I heard the sounds, the sound of children laughing and talking while at this amusement park. I was having a memory, I looked around and no longer saw the abandoned park, but a place packed with families, families having the day of their lives. This place used to be so lively, it was fun. I remembered that day, the day where my family was all together, when we were happy, and when we were a normal family; the day that will never come again. I turned around and began running for the gate. As I was getting closer to the gate, they were getting closer to me.

***

My birthday is tomorrow and I have all my friends around me. I'm going to be nineteen and soon going to be a freshman in college. I'm really excited for that. We are planning something to do for tomorrow. When I say we I say the big group of five. It was Sarah, Henry, George, Maya, and myself. They were the best people I could have ever had in my life, ever since the incident with my father.

Honestly I have to say that, I don't really like celebrating my birthday because I don't like the fact that I'm getting older, I honestly want to stay young. I especially want the best amusement park ever to open up again. The Cool Zone was amazing, it was really fun when it was open, but I guess a worker that was there wasn't good with interacting with people. Stories have been told that he would bite people and they would have to go to a "special" hospital, where they would be "cleaned up." It didn't really make any sense but for the safety of people they closed it down and never reopened it up ever since. I was about five when I first got introduced to The Cool Zone, and I was 16 when they closed it down. They were open for so many years and all of a sudden these problems started accuring, it was strange. Anyway I wanted to go to the mall with my friends but of course the guys don't like shopping.

"Why don't we just go bowling" we turned around to see that Amber had said that. Amber has been a friend ever since the third grade. She was the first person to introduce me to playing sports, for example basketball. She was the best girl in the team when we were in 8th grade.

"Na that's too boring for a nineteen year old birthday."

"Stop George it not boring, it's just not the king that she would want right Aj" Maya said.

"You guys are over thinking this, you also know I don't like celebrating my birthday."

Amber and Georgie let out a grunt and rolled their eyes at the same time.

"Let's just go to The Cool Zone ruins, as a little adventure," we all were shocked and let out a gasp.

"It's abandoned for a reason, there might be ghost Henry!!"

"Just because your a wimp Sarah doesn't mean the rest of us are."

"Uhh speak for yourself, I don't like breaking rules."

"Ugh now you maya, why! We should just do it it's going to be fun, let's do it Aj it's up to you, it's your choice."

"Alright, what ever well go at 10 pm tomorrow, you guys in or not."

I didn't real,t want to be mean like that but it sounded fun, it sounded as if I would actually be able to live my life as a teen, and not think about my dad.

Maya says' "Ugh I guess, you know I'm sticking with you till the end, we are homies."

Amber and the rest of the crew caved in. We packed for the night that will ruin all of our lives forever. We weren't ready for what was going to happen.