I. BIRTH

(BIRTH)

"She's special

"She's special."

ON THE 12th hour of the first day of October 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these woman had been pregnant when the day first began.

Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible.

He got seven of them.

Lenora Miller was a woman married to Elijah Miller, they both married at age twenty three and were deeply in love. They were the perfect couple, happy, kind, caring, and just pitched in to help with anything. They were amazing people. The only problem, was that Lenora wasn't able to have kids. They decided they would wait, after two years nothing happened. They were thinking about adoption, wanting to have something to love and care for was a desire for the couple, specifically Lenora. She gave up trying to have kids. She couldn't get pregnant and that's that.

But in the year 1989, Lenora was twenty six at the time and was heading home with some bags full of late shopping Halloween items. Considering almost everyone bought the Holiday items a month or two before the real month. She was on the bus, on her way home, when she gasped and dropped the bags full of items. She had a face full of pain. She held onto the bus pole and the other arm wrapped around her stomach, which was now swollen like a pregnancy belly, she looked down and saw the pregnancy belly.

She didn't know what to do, how did this happen in the first place? She couldn't get pregnant, and she wasn't pregnant in the first place. She let out a yell of pain as blood starting seeping onto her dress and onto the ground. Even her water didn't break, it was just all of a sudden. Passengers on the bus started surrounding her as the bus driver yelled out to call her husband.

Lenora couldn't stand the contractions and fell to the ground, luckily she fell backwards and someone caught her, laying her down gently on the floor while putting their coat as a pillow for her. She groaned in pain before whimpering, sweat already glistening her forehead. She yelled out her husband's phone number which another passenger luckily called.

A woman placed her sweater on Lenora's legs, helping her legs up a bit to get ready to give birth. Lenora was taking deep breaths, a few strained groans or whimpers escaping from her mouth. The Bus stop wasn't that far from her home. In fact the bus driver even parked next to the bus stop. Another passenger told her to hold her hand while she pushed.

Lenora nodded and soon was pushing, some screams echoing the bus from the pain, yes she was afraid, yet joyful. She always wanted a child, and she was getting her wish. But the only problem was, it was all of a sudden. No baby shower, no gender, just a baby. A couple of minutes went by with her pushing. When her husband, Elijah, came into the bus and ran by her side. Grabbing her hand from the woman, being there for his wife. They were about to become parents.

Lenora pushed for a good ten minutes, the lights in the bus soon started flickering on and off when finally Lenora exhaled, she started breathing heavily all while the cries of a baby filled up the bus. The new parents smiled, the passenger who was carrying the baby passed the infant over to Lenora. She smiled softly, all while a nurse who coincidently was on the bus grabbed something from her bag. A pink blanket. The nurse was the one who helped deliver the baby.

Lenora looked up at her and nodded giving her baby to her, so she can swaddle it with the blanket. The nurse handed back the baby girl to Lenora, the new baby was finally comfortable and stopped crying immediately when she was in her mother's arms. Lenora and Elijah looked at each other with tears and shared a soft kiss. Lenora looked down at her child and smiled "A girl..."
——

After a week of the birth, and some time in the hospital, the doctors made sure everything was okay but couldn't describe the event. The new baby was named Elaine.

Elaine Miller.

She had blue eyes and her fiery yet dark hair was still baby hairs. All the supplies for her were in the infirmary. But since the birth, strange things would happen around the house. Strange things that the couple wasn't able to describe. All while Elaine was asleep.

And at the end of the week, a man named Sir Reginald Hargreeves approached the couple. Asking them how much for the child after he saw the damage in their house. Furniture tossed around the room, a hole in the wall, and some burn marks and on a painting. All this caused by a angelic baby. He found it extraordinary. He bribed the couple, over and over, but the answer was still no. They didn't care if Elaine had dangerous abilities, Lenora didn't care. She finally had her dream of having her own child. And even the biggest check in the world couldn't change their minds.

But.

They did make a deal with him, that when she comes of age where her abilities get out of control. She could attend whatever program he was making, as if she was attending boarding school or something along those lines. Elaine was different no doubt, but that wouldn't change the hearts of the perfect couple. But the problem was, would she destroy the perfect couple image to the rest?

"She's special...."

Special, she was indeed.

CROWN

♕CROWN