XV. MONKEY MAN

( MONKEY MAN )

" I have a name! "

" I have a name! "

SHE MISS HER MOTHER

That was all that was needed to be said, of course she meant by Grace. But Elaine never could get rid of the pain of losing her actual mother. Somehow time never healed the heartbreak. She walked to the academy, wanting to apologize to feel Grace's arms hugging her. Like if she was a child again. Walking in with her same outfit, a black long sleeved, turtleneck, shirt, grey heels, black jeans, her ginger hair loose, but this time, wearing a white and black plaid coat. She also got a call from Klaus telling her to come back, due to him not wanting to be alone.

"Guys?"

She called out, taking her hands out of her coat pockets, she sighed, no matter how much she hated this place, it still was considered home for her.

"Klaus?"

"He's taking a bath...what's wrong?"

A dark voice interrupted her thoughts. She gasped a bit and looked up at the stairs to see Diego. She smiled. Waving at him slightly. He smiled back and walked down the stairs.

"Nothing, I'm just here. Home sweet home right?"

"Well I wouldn't call it sweet..but sadly it is home."

She laughed with him, a breathless laugh, he looked down at his hands as she did the same. She always felt like the same old kid from when she was younger. While she made him feel like he was a kid as well.

"Do you miss this place? Being forced to live under this roof?"

He started, walking up the stairs slowly. She followed him. The two just walking and talking.

"Sometimes..it's strange but. Who knows what would've happened if I wasn't. He was a cruel man..but he still took me in."

He furrowed his eyebrows at her, her logic was way different from his. Her mind, different, her sense of thinking. Different. But maybe that's what he liked about her. Sure he was different too. But she was just Elaine. She took out a hair band but dropped it. She went to go pick it up before she heard a gun click. She looked to where Diego was, he was looking to his right.

"Diego?"

Before she knew it, there was gunshots. She fell back onto her bottom, startled by it. It's been a while since she's heard gunshots. She widened her eyes, scrambling to get up as she followed Diego. He pushed her behind him as she yelped, she fell again but groaned. Getting up, seeing him throw knives at the two masked figures. One had a pink dog styled mask, the other a blue bear. He grabbed her hand, running with her as he forced the both to hide. The footsteps of the two other masked strangers were getting nearer. Diego let out a yell, attacking the one with the blue bear. Using all his fighting tactics from as a kid, and now.