XI. THE THREE MUSKETEERS

( THE THREE MUSKETEERS )

"Don't be mean."
—..—

AFTER THE whole ordeal, Elaine felt exhausted. She felt truly exhausted. And just wanted to go home already. She had changed into different clothes this time, into a long sleeved black shirt, a black coat, some black jeans, and black boots. Very simple. She walked into the Hargreeves kitchen, seeing Five search around frantically for something while Klaus was asleep, holding what seemed to be a guitar. She smiled softly at the sleeping Seańce. She rolled up her shirt sleeves and sat down on one of the chairs, causing Five to snap his head to her. "Good you're here."

She nodded and smiled, resting her hands on top of the table and linked them together. Five walked around again "We need to talk."

She rose a eyebrow, still smiling "About what?" She was genuinely curious to see what was so important for the man boy.

Five looked at her "About the future, about the apocalypse."

She stopped smiling and furrowed her eyebrows "I'm sorry what? The apocalypse? Five really? Maybe time travel has messed you up in the head."

Five groaned and rolled his eyes, walking to the table "I'm not talking crazy here Elaine, the world is in danger and we need to stop it."

She put her hands back to her lap and sat up straighter "We?"

"Yes we, the others might not understand. Vanya will, most likely. But you and I need to stop it. Look when you were a kid...when WE were kids. Remember those nightmares? Those dreams you would always have? One particularly about destruction everywhere."

She sucked in a deep breath and nodded. She hated her nightmares, she hated them so much. She wouldn't get them as much now but still. "Yeah I remember....Sadly."

Five leaned forward "That was the future, you weren't having nightmares, you were having visions. Of the apocalypse, the future. Look, I know you may not believe me. But we made eye contact."

Elaine just scoffed, but looked down at her hands that were neatly placed on her lap. She then remembered, she remembered the boy in her nightmares. He looked familiar at the time she was having them, and she remembered how she made eye contact with the boy before she went back to the fire room. She tensed up visibly, Five nodded and leaned back, knowing she was realizing the apocalypse was coming.

'Oh shit.'

Those two words ran through her mind as she looked up at Five "That was you? Wait holy shit." She stood up, causing the chair to rub against the floor, creating a squeaky noise. She quickly glanced at Klaus to see if he had waken up, luckily not. "That was you?"