Chapter 22

This chapter is dedicated to my dearest @SanyogitaPawar

Unedited

"You must do whatever you can to get me anything, everything you can get on them. And I want it to be fast, I do not have time to lose" Amrah's dad was saying into his phone.

The man on the other side must have answered well as he nodded and assured him that the work will be done soonest.

All hell broke loose with Amrah when she heard Areef will be getting married in two months time. She began her tantrums by promising to kill herself if Areef does get married.

Her father was spooked he jumped into action. He vowed to her to do whatever he can to stop it from happening.

"Alhaji, it's not that I don't love Amrah but it's high time we show her what life really entails. She isn't a kid anymore, she should know you cannot always get what you want." her mom Hajiya Hikima tried to reason with her husband.

"And who says my daughter cannot get what she wants? As long as I have the means I will make sure she gets what she wants ." he would always answer.

After a day or so, Alhaji's informer came to him with what he wanted. He was able to find out about how Abba was defrauded. Alhaji was very glad for this that he paid the informer handsomely.

He wanted to inform Amrah what he's found out but thought otherwise, he wanted her to just hear the news of the engagement breaking off.  So he got ready with all the info he had received and headed to Areef's office.

When he arrived, Areef was out. He was advised to leave and come back but he insisted on waiting.

He waited for Atleast an hour before Areef returned. As the elevator doors opened Areef walked out with Airah behind him.

Areef was shocked to see Alhaji but he greeted him with respect and invited him into his office.

"Alhaji you shouldn't have waited for me, whatever it was you could have called me to come meet you at home."

"No my son, I had to come myself. I couldn't stay and watch you let yourself be deceived." Areef was a bit taken aback by his words.

"Deceived you say Alhaji?  By whom? "

Alhaji smiled to himself as he reached into his bag and brought out a folder. He handed it to Areef.

"Here, go through this, you will get what I am saying. "

Areef carefully opened the folder and his eyes widened a little.

"Alhaji why is this containing miss Ahmad's  information? "

" just go through it all my son"

He did.

" can you see now, your fiance/secretatry isn't as innocent as shows herself to be. As you can see, Her father lost his business and money. So it's safe to say that she is marrying you just to dig gold. In other words she's just a gold digger. "

Areef found himself offended by the term he referred to miss Ahmad but he didn't say a word. He just kept on looking at the files and photos.

"Wake up my son, see the reality of this farce marriage she's trying to drag you into. You might love her but she's in love with your money. "

Areef was really stunned but then everything was falling into place. The reason for her agreeing, the reason for the money agreement. So this was it.

Alhaji was still talking trying to convince Areef when he was cut off.

"Thank you Alhaji, I will look into it myself."