Ch.7

Jamie’s POV

It’d been a few days since Cary kissed me, it was Saturday, and Charlie was at my door.

‘C’mon, Jamie let me in.’

‘No.’

‘Please?’

‘No.’

‘You used to always let me in.’

‘That’s because you weren’t an arse then.’ Charlie sighed and lifted her hands,

‘I don’t know what you want me to say, Jamie. Do you want me to say I’m sorry? Well I’m not sorry, but I’ll say it anyway.’  She shook her head. ‘I’m sorry. Happy?’

‘No I’m not happy; you’re only saying it so you can come in. If you really were sorry, you’d look it. You’d act it. Don’t come to my house, if you’re only going to start spewing bullshit.’

‘I’m not spewing bullshit, Jamie.’

‘Sure you aren’t.’

‘Look just let me in will you?’

‘No.’

‘Jamie!’

‘What!’

‘Let me in! I need to talk to you.’

‘You can talk to me out here can’t you?’

‘No. It’s more important than just a ‘hi how are you’.’

sigh Fine.’ I opened the door further, and let Charlie walk in. She had this relieved look on her face, like I’d just told her she could piss after holding it for an hour.

‘Thankyou.’ She walked in, and passed me into the lounge-room. She did sound grateful too. Though more so relieved than anything.

‘What did you want to talk about?’

‘Cary.’

‘What about her?’ It almost had me surprised that Charlie wasn’t calling Cary a slut or a bitch. The only reason I wasn’t shocked, was because I’d learned to expect the unexpected from Charlie.

‘I just- I mean. We had an agreement, Jamie, and I know you’re gonna yell at me, piss and shout that you never agreed to it, but regardless, there was an agreement.’ The look she gave me when I opened my mouth had me shutting up. And yes, I was going to do exactly what she’d said I would, yell, piss and shout about the lack of agreeing on my part to this agreement. ‘I just hate seeing you with her. I saw you two kiss on Friday, behind that tree. Are you together?’ Expect the unexpected, pah. How in the heck could you expect Charlie to be civil about me dating somebody else? But nonetheless. She was being careless.