Dimitiri's point of view (Vampire Academy fans)

Disclamer: I DO NOT own any of the Vampire Academy books or characters. They belong to talented and wonderful Richelle Mead. Some of the plot and storyline is mine.

This is the first chapter of Vampire Academy from Dimitir's point of view. I have been thinking about doing this for a long time so here it is (: hope you enjoy it (:

*
*
*
*

Chapter 1:

A warm breeze wrapped around my tall frame, pushing the dark loose strands from my pony tail into my face. No matter how much I tried they just wouldn't stay put. Sighing I let my hands rest against my sides, giving up.

I had been sent from an Academy in the Montana forests to search for princess Dragomir and Rosemarie Hathaway. The teens had run away from the Academy two years ago, and it was my job as well as a dozen dhampir's to bring them back. If we failed the Headmistress would not be happy.

The house I had been watching lights were off. But there was a particular room I had been observing for a reason: Rose had the princess in there with her.

Earlier reports from the Guardian Council told us that there had been sightings of two teenage girls who fit the runaway’s descriptions. We flew out here the minute the report had been sent out.

My legs were tired and aching from sitting on that long plane flight. And as I stood, facing the house’s darkened window, I couldn’t help but rub my hands up and down the sides of my long legs. The muscles ached, protesting even more under my long slender fingers.

A dark figure flashed across the window's frame. That simple movement alerted my dhampir eyes, stopping me from relieving my aching legs. My eyes focused against the darkness of the room. Eventually allowing me to see the sharp angels that made up the bed. It took me a minute to realize that it was Rosemarie; she had run over to the Princess' bed, and was now shaking her wildly to wake up.

When the light turned on it allowed me to see more clearly. Hathaway was sitting on the princess' bed watching her closely. Their positions allowed me to have a good view of Rosemarie’s face, while Vasilisa's remained hidden.

Soon they started to talk about something, something that my dhampir ears couldn't pick up. But by the way Hathaway’s eyes turned sympathetic and protective I had no doubt they were discussing whatever had caused Rosemarie to wake Vasilisa in the first place.

When the subject changed Vasilisa's body tensed, I guessed that Rosemarie had suggested something that she didn't like. The sympathy and protective look vanished from Rosemarie’s eyes, and was quickly placed with determination, which clearly told me she wouldn't give in. She tilted her head to the side, exposing her tanned skin. A flash of hunger crossed over the princess' face as she bit into Rosemarie’s exposed skin.

I quickly adverted my gaze, and I felt the other dhampirs behind me do the same. I closed my eyes to block out the events happening before me. It wasn’t out of disgust as much as it was out of respect. I had lived with that sort of thing my whole life. My mother had lived in a commune where Moroi men visited dhampir women and drank off of them.

The Moroi needed blood in order to survive. Rosemarie was keeping the princess alive, which was very brave of her. Dhampir women were shamed for feeding Moroi, they are what we call “blood whores” in our world.

When the princess had finished her feeding she walked away from the window. That left Rosemarie alone on the bed, taking in the endorphins that Vasilisa's bite had produced.

Endorphins acted like a drug, they made the person who was receiving them weak and frail. And if one were to have a lot in their system for a short period of time they would become oblivious to the rest of the world, and everything going on around them.