Part 3

Chapter 3:

The Headmistress sent Rose and the princess out of the room to receive their schedules. That left me, Victor, Alberta, and the Headmistress alone. Victor parted ways as Alberta walked along side of me. Alberta was the leader of all guardians at the Academy. We did what she told us to do.

I was contemplating the idea that maybe keeping Rose here was a bad idea. But not in the ways Headmistress had thought of. Keeping Rose here might be bad on her benefit.

She would never be caught up with the rest of her peers. But something told me she would be the best of their class. Despite the wrong doings she committed before she fled the school with the princess. The bond between the two made them inseparable as well. Which was the main reason why I had intended to keep Rose here.

Alberta and I waited outside the guidance counselor’s office. Soon Rose stalked out holding a folded piece of paper that was no doubt her schedule. And by the look on her face she didn't look pleased with it. Alberta and I escorted her to the gym, where all the novices her age had their first period class. We walked ahead of Rose. Guarding her in a highly protected school seemed absurd. Rose had nowhere to go even if she did manage to slip away from us. Alberta and I were both silent, not saying a word to each other. Guardian status.

As we entered the gym the humm of the students died down as all eyes turned to glance behind us, where Rose stood. She held her ground as she looked throughout the class, clearly scanning for a friendly face.

She smiled at a red hair boy; by the shade of the red curls I guessed he was an Ashford. "Hey Mason, wipe the drool off your face. If you're going to think about me naked, do it on your own time."

The class held back laughter as Mason gave Rose a lazy smile. "This is my time, Hathaway. I'm leading today's session."

Rose's playful smile brightened. "Oh yeah? Huh. Well I guess this is a good time to think about me naked then."

"It's always a good time to think about you naked," added some guy in the back, Eddie Castile I think.

I shook my head as I walked away from the novices muttering in Russian, God help us. I stood against the far wall in guardian position like I had in the Headmistress's office earlier. Rose and the other novices laughed as they socialized. One of the guardians noticed this and walked over to scowl at Mason. He shrugged it off with a grin as he started the session.

Rose and Mason were talking, but I couldn't hear them. Part of being a guardian for one of the schools is you pay attention to the surroundings other than the conversations in the room. Something that would distract us and if there ever were a Strigoi attack here; everyone would be dead in this room because of the distraction. Not that Strigoi could ever get in this school, it's secured with magic and guards alike.

Next class to guard was Guardian Alto's class. Though I never liked how he treated his students he was a very good guardian when it came to fighting. I watched as the novices piled in the room, Rose was amongst them. Figures they would put her in the same classes that I guarded.

It was like the school was afraid that she’d plan some super elaborate plan to escape again and they depended on me to know of her whereabouts and be able to stop her. Not that I couldn’t, I did stop out run her last night. So she wouldn’t get far.

I could see from the back of the room Guardian Alto's eyes widen as he saw Rose take her seat. He clearly hadn't been expecting her, even though he should have gotten an email that said she was now in his class. He circled the room before walking to Rose’s desk, and glared down at her.