#30

"Lacey! You missed a spot!"

"Shut up, Cal! I'm not blind!" The bassist groaned with his eyes closed while I put on some thin layer of glitters right by his lid which is painstakingly so hard. It wouldn't have been as such if I wasn't doing this to a nine year old who fidgets every five seconds. "If you just stop opening your eyes we would be done an hour ago!"

"We haven't been doing this for an hour yet!"

"That's the point!" The little shit couldn't keep still so I purposely shove the brush slightly harder to his eyes which caused him to grunt. "Stop moving, you'll get hurt." I could practically see him rolling his eyes with the way I muttered the words so sarcastically. He never made another movement again after that which was heaven sent since we finally finished on his pair of goddamn eyes.

"Do me, next."

"Most guys would buy me din—uhh?" The phrase got held by my tongue when the minute I turned, it was Luke standing at the side while Calum side eyed us away towards the wardrobe room. I only rolled my eyes towards the Kiwi and gave attention to the blonde who looked as though he was so proud of what he just did. "You're not kidding?" He shook his head. "Whatever." This is exactly what I was talking about. Luke knew. He knew exactly what he was doing to me—and I was afraid it'll lead in the same circle over and over again. As if it's now one of my biggest fear to have girl friends around him for the fear he's going to fall for them. That's what he does to me.

You see, it was only the way it was because the only explanation I had with me was when he didn't know I loved him, when he knew I like Calum instead, and the phone call that night. Those were the only things I knew. Not how it happened, not exactly how it ended up to it, and why it ended. But I wasn't that interested in knowing—I'm not ready. Even if the idea of knowing somehow peaks my curiosity.

"What color do you fancy?" I asked Luke, not knowing how I ended up being a make up artist when I only volunteered coming with them on their morning interview. They woke me up at exactly five in the morning to get ready, get breakfast, and head towards the station for briefing. I couldn't say I'm used to it since it's been years ever since the last one.

This is what I get for being so nice to the crew tasked with this who still hadn't had their breakfast. "Gold, please." His choice of glitter didn't surprise me seeing so that his nails were painted red. Nothing ever surprises me about him anymore, though.

I picked up a new brush and dabbed it to the glitter, turning to the man sitting in front of me already with his eyes closed. "Stay still." It took me about a minute to figure out how I was going to comfortably make my way around doing this. Touching him would make my stomach flutter but if I don't do this fast, then him being next to me would be total damnation. I did what I do best, gulped all of it away and pull my shit together.

I placed my right hand on his left cheek while my left hand did the work. Putting the gold glitters on his upper lid while trying my best not to breathe so loudly or not at all. It was such a task. I was thankful enough Luke isn't making conversation, "You thought about it?" —or not. Wow, he just had to talk.

"I told you. I'm waiting." I say, pulling away to dab from the palette. I went back near his face to do the other eye when I found him looking at me—this close.

"I want to tell you everything, Lacey." The gravel of his voice almost made me light headed. Phew.

"I don't—I just can't, Luke. Maybe in time. But not now." I explained with all my best. "Let's get done with this." He nods timidly, closing his eyes again while I finish the rest of the make up. Once it was done, the crew already got back from their break so I handed them the honors of doing the rest and hearing a mumble of Luke, thanking me. I brush his voice away from my head as it was beginning to cloud it, and went towards the couch just near where their wardrobe was.

Waiting for them to be done almost made me drift off, but not when a camera was placed in front of me by Andy, one of our friends from before. "Hi, Lacey! It's so nice to see you here!"

"Andy! Wow! Nice seeing you too! Are you the band's photographer?" He was never really the official one from before but he did shots of the boys at their concerts which was very good. He got all their angles so right they look so much like gods.

"Finally!" He raises the badge on his shirt which says Band Photographer and I gave him a hug right after. "Anyway, I was just about done with the boys and I was looking for you everywhere! How've you been?" The camera he was pointing made it clear this was also for the boys but I admire the personal touch he was doing.

"Good—and ecstatic! Being here again is sooo thrilling!"

"That's good. Well, Lace. I know some of the fans already know you but for the new ones, please state your name!" I giggled with the way he said it like a teacher on the first day of school. But, I followed and answered.

"The name's Lacey Davis. They say I'm the fifth half of 5SOS, and I like to think I'm cool." I winked on the camera which made Andy laugh.

"And very cute." The Australian accent came out with the way Ashton muttered those words, and that obviously made me red. Somehow, some way, I'm a real fan girl who goes red whenever her idols do something so unusual. And I'm not about to deny that. They are all gorgeous men who stand up for what they believe in and some are foolish if they think otherwise.

"Ashton's probably not right, don't believe everything your idol says." I say to the camera with much conviction that made everyone around laugh.

"The queen is here, everyone. You know it!" Mikey says to the camera, pointing to me and making Andy zoom it to my face of which I have to cover. I wasn't really one to be always seen on the cameras with them for the fear it'll ruin the privacy I have left but this was what it came in the package of being friends with rockstars. I suck it up a long, long time ago. I just gotta get used to it now.

Before was different, though. Before had crazy fan girls and groupies you'd see every after show. All the same girls in skimpy outfits my mother wouldn't let me wear even when I'm fourty. They are everywhere and I wasn't going to deny that I hated it for a while. But when I knew the boys weren't so giddy about it too, we started being more private. Inviting only friends, going in and out together, no man left behind. The rumors tried bringing it down, some girl snuck in and managed to ruin what we have, but didn't succeed. I was there. We knew the truth. We just didn't want it to get bigger than it already is.

Today, though. I noticed majority of them became bearable, much so that you could be good friends with them and they'll never ask for more. Times have changed and so are the fans. That's what I always love about them.

Several minutes later, the interview finally started and I sat there at the side with headphones on, away from the camera much to my liking, while listening to the boys get interviewed. It was a live interview both being showed online and in the radios, some even have them at the television. The way the boys answer now were very bold, very different from who they are before. They became so articulate songs after songs, still fun and charming like the old times. It never really went away and I'd like to say my boys got an upgrade.

"So, talking about the band on its own. I see we have a guest who we've never seen your first interview, never seen at the released, and we never even saw a glimpse of her on the celebration party you had the other month. She was spotted outside New York at a label company within those timeframe and the fans are just as curious as we are." The interviewee suddenly said, fearing that it had to be me. No other. No doubt. "We have marveled the same question, boys, is Lacey Davis not anymore the fifth half of 5SOS?"