#45

The butterflies could not compare to the feeling I'm feeling right now.

It's the after party of the concert and I'm too nervous to even get close right after Luke just said that in front of a hundred thousand people inside a concert hall, with a freaking microphone hovering by his lips. It was so unreal just by thinking about it and I'm stuck here, at the bar where the management held the party, at the bar counter beside the wall, hidden to so many people including him.

I didn't know what to say, what to do, or how to even react. I just stood there a while ago, frozen and possibly flushed, and also possibly stunned while drooling. My heart couldn't take that much in one go so this is where I'm at now. Downing a dark cold beer amidst the party going on behind me.

"I was afraid you'd leave after the concert." The voice behind me instantly made me froze from my seat, again. Like it always does. "You had me worried there for a second." I see him sat down beside me all the while the two of us are the only ones at the counter. He's holding what smelled like root beer and had new dark clothes that blend in on the dark like me. "I uh–um," Our eyes met and those fucking ceruleans had me wondering what it feels like to look at it all day and fall in love over and over again.

"I hadn't told you how much I love looking at your eyes, how much you wore plaid that makes you look silly and really cute at the same time, and how much I missed your damn lip ring it's bothering to look at you without it. I hadn't told you how much I love you from the very beginning, of how much you mean to me and how I feel like I have the best life whenever I'm with you. That–is everything I didn't say, now you know..." I took a big–big gulp of the beer I was holding and before I could fully get my shit together, a hand pulled my left arm gently, together with hands sliding at my right cheek, and then bam.

The butterflies could never. The loud noise felt hazy, the music slowing down, and my eyes fluttering close while my heart beat hard against my chest. Autumn felt like summer, the kiss is everything I dreamt off, and I couldn't think of anything else other than my growing love for him.

It was a wonderful night, an incredible fucking evening, and an amazing kiss.

I would never forget how it feels to kiss Luke Hemmings.