Ruby Request

Request by @Enfant-des-Astres - Can you make one Ruby x reader were she had erased herself from the reader's memory, and so when she discovered the reader sick at the fake East River? 

Y/N - Your name
E/C - Eye color
H/L - Hair length
H/C - Hair color

~Your POV~

My foot tapped impatiently on the cold floor of the small room as I sat, waiting for the promise they made--the hope that we would get to see Ruby again before we were, once again, shipped off to a different Children's League headquarters.

"Hey," Liam said, placing a firm hand on my knee, "What are you so nervous about? W--"

"I'm anxious about an untimely death caused by an explosion, getting shot, getting stabbed, murdering myself, etc."

His head tipped back in a fake laugh as a ghost of a smile graced my lips. "You know, those are pretty good reasons."

"I know."

The door swung open, and a blonde-haired woman in a white lab coat, who looked quite botoxed, if I do say so myself, stepped in the room, Ruby leaping out from behind her.

"Y/n!" She cried, sprinting the little distance there was between us to wrap her arms tightly around my neck, and, almost as if on instinct, my arms went around her thin waist, gripping her as if I'd never see her again.

~Ruby's POV~

I felt horrible for what I was about to do, but it was necessary to keep her, Liam, and everyone else I cared about safe from the League.

"Hey." I tipped her head up towards me, staring into her eyes. "I love you, Bluebell."

She pressed her lips to mine, one of my favorite things, before pulling back (too soon) and looking into my eyes again. "I love you too, Angel Face."

It was such a normal thing for her like it would stay like this, her and me, for the rest of our lives. I took this last, fleeting moment to look her over one last time. Her beautiful H/L H/C hair, soft pink lips, and her dazzling E/C eyes that made me fall for her all over again, like they did every time I looked into them.

"I'm sorry, Y/N."

I felt the tickle at the back of my head and let it morph into a roar. When I kissed her, when my lips pressed against hers one last time, slipping inside of her mind was as easy as taking and holding her in my arms had been.

I felt her jerk away, heard her say my name in alarm, even felt Laim come up behind us and place a hand on my shoulder, but I didn't let her get away. I slowly pulled myself from her mind, from her—our—memories, day by day, piece by piece, memory by memory until there was nothing left of Ruby to weigh her down or keep her bound to my side. It was a strange unwinding sensation, one I had never felt before, or maybe one that I hadn't recognized until that moment.

Liam's mind, on the other hand, was easier to steal from. He wasn't nearly as desperate to keep a firm hold on his memories of me, so prying them out of a loose, unsespecting grasp wasn't at all a problem.

When I looked at Y/N again, the door bust open, pulling me away from them, who both stayed stiff and unblinking, unmoving. I scrambled to Cate's side, putting distance between Y/N and I so I wouldn't feel the need to hold her or kiss her one last time.

It took another moment for Y/N to become aware of her surroundings, looking at the small room she didn't know she was in.

"What happened?" she asked as Liam finally blinked too, reaching up to touch his face, which was still swollen and battered.