18; Comfort

"Alec," the Lewis girl exclaimed, trying to catch up with the raven haired boy in the halls of the New York Institute

"Alec," the Lewis girl exclaimed, trying to catch up with the raven haired boy in the halls of the New York Institute. "Alec, would you just listen to me?"

Tris groaned when he sped up, but stopped him by grabbing his arm. He tried pulling away, but she jerked his arm towards herself and he looked at her. Sure enough, his eyes were glazed with unshed tears, they held pain, guilt, regret. "What do you want?" He asked silently.

"I want you to listen to me," she huffed. "That wasn't your fault."

"It was."

"It was not. Alec--"

"Can you just not pretend that it wasn't me who killed Clary's, Jace's mother?" His tone was harsh but Tris didn't flinch.

"Alec, it was a demon. A demon, you hear me? Not the Alec that we know."

The tall boy ignored her and walked into his room with Tris following, not letting him go just yet. "Alec," she quietly said. "Please. Just listen."

"Listen to what?" Alec asked, not angrily. "I'm listening to everyone and no one's listening to me, what about that?"

"I'm listening, then."

"You all don't understand. You don't understand what it felt like after killing her. The blood on my hands was my fault. You don't understand what it felt like to be so weak to let a demon possess me. I've been trained ever since I was a child so that these things don't happen. But after this, you know what? I wish that the demon would've killed me. If I would've killed myself."

"Alec, don't say that," Tris grabbed his hands. "It's true. I don't know how it felt. But being weak? I know. When Clary and Simon were kidnapped by the Jade Wolf pack, I was supposed to distract them by fighting them and instead, I let them hurt me. That weakness, was why I began using guns. So that I would feel power."

He remained silent but when Tris pulled him into a hug, he let the tears escape his eyes as he hugged her back, both of their cheeks stained with tears, as they found comfort in each other.

After all, they were all lost souls.

▪▪▪

Just a filler chapter to show Tris and Alec's friendship!