Zookeeper

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

Willow watches her tape.

"Wil-lowwww... Wil-lowww..."

"That's it." Willow finally storms out of her seat toward Xander, furious.

"Xander, shut up."

Xander suddenly looks up, caught-- the Cage Door's almost off its hinges. Then, while she's looking straight at Xander's face--

"Wil-lowww... Wil-lowww..."

Willow realizes something else terrifying: Xander's not the one calling her.

Too late.

Horrified, she turns to see five sets of yellow eyes staring through the library windows. Then a crash behind her. She turns back to see the cage door off its hinges. Willow back away slowly realizing the cage had been empty.

"Hey sweetie..."

Willow quickly spins around to see Laney standing closely behind her. Xander slowly makes his way to her side then lunges at Willow.

Another crash.

She twists again to see the library windows crash open as the Hyena people suddenly lunge through the open windows, teeth flashing hideously.

Willow runs across the library, but the growling, whooping, cackling Hyena People close in on her. They swipe at her, but Willow disappears around the corner of a bookcase.

Heidi and Tor stalk silently. Then, Willow pushes a bookcase over, burying them under a pile of books.

The rest of the Hyena People just jump over the pile of books, unfazed, moving in on their prey. They turn the corner and stop suddenly.

The library is empty.

The Hyena People don't even talk. They split up through the stacks, searching for Willow. Xander sniffs the air.

Light from the lamps blur and fade to dull hues. He hears only a low thumping of someone's heart... growing louder... as he gets closer to a large oak desk.

Willow sits underneath the desk, holding her breath, eyes closed, praying. Then her eyes open. The room is silent. She sighs, relieved... peers around the corner...

The room is empty.

"Wil-lowww..."

She looks up.

Xander lunges at her, teeth bared! Willow dives away, but the Hyena People now race to the desk, growling and whooping in anticipation, when

The library doors burst open. Buffy rushes toward.

Willow is now surrounded by the lunging Hyena People. Kyle turns to face Buffy as he opens his mouth to growl. She shoves a book into it.

"Read more."