Chapter 2

The Kings homes planet of Camelot sat in the heart of the Albian Nebula. It was known throughout galaxies for its idyllic climate- always summer, except for its short winter through the month of Samhain, which tended to cover the plant in picturesqeue layers of icy snow. The planet was covering in a rolling landscapre of beautiful forests; lakes and misty peaked mountians that soured about the villages and towns. It was a plac ethat people came to for a quiet life and its citizens lived well and in harmony with each other, untouched by the troubles of all of the other galaxies beyond Albian's respected borders. Above the trees levitated a large white castle, anchored to the ground by hydrolyrics. In this castle, sat the Nebula's King; famous for his iron fist and desire for peace- the man was a enigma.

Uther's empire had not been inherited: he had won it in his youngers years from the grasp of poverty and treachery, and an aging, greedy king who couldn't see any further than the end of his own nose. He had fought long and hard, not only to release the galaxy from th grasp of such a cruel man, but also bring peace to the planets therein, and to make peace with the neighobouring territories: Escetia, Mercia, and beyond. Unfortunately, Uther inherited a war with these places, and peace seemed like a distant dream. He looked at the gilded image of Ygraine on his desk; it had been her dream, and he had been glad to carry it forward for her, but the times were changing and 'peace' was starting to mean something different.

Aeons ago, small factions of humans who had been exposed to radiation from the dward planet Ogof Grisial started to display...powers. They could move objects without touching them, make things appear and disappear, and cast illusions to warp your mind into seeing whatever they wanted. Common people called it magic. As time passed, they bred, sharing their poisonous powers and becoming stronger with each generation until rumour came to Uther of a power so great it could uproot everything he had ever fought for. So he did the only thing a king at War could do. He destroyed it. And nothing happened. People called it collateral damage or spoke of rebels, and Uther saw a chance to extinguish a growing threat. With his own fleet of privateers who wore no royal colours noe royal sigil, Uther removed the alien threat one planet; one city; one village at a time.

He had risen to greatness, fighting every step of the way, and he expectd the same of his son.

He shook his head. Arthur was too soft, had been too sheltered at Ygraine's request. This latest escapade was evidence that he needed to learn responsibility. The king now sat at his desk, idly flicking through the SpaceNet it's thin transparent bulk catting a blue light across his face as he unfolded it, he glanced at his watch, checking the time and sighed in impatience. Arthur was late. As ususal. Uther had requested meeting with his son more than an hour ago after having seen the bill that his son and his girlfriend: Sophia, had managed to rack up at the most expensive bar in the entire nebula the night before. Photos of the two of them were splashed across the news, religating the stories of Athru's charity work to brief mentions and thumbnail portraits of his son's careing face bent over a small child. Uther sighed. His son was a public relations nightmare.

Eventually, Arthur swaggered in through the automatic door with a quite shoosh.

"Father, you wanted to see me?" he asked, reclining in one of Uther's chairs plush leather chairs. Real leather was hard to come by, and so that made it be very expensive. He looked pale with deep dags under his eyes, and although he spoke confidently, Uther could tell, his son was masking a hangouver.

"Arthur. Have you seen this?" he pulled up a less-than-flattering photo of his son, Sophia hanging off his arm, from the bar last night.

"Not my best angel" Arthur jokes.

"There's nothing about your visit to that freaking refugee camp!! It is all about you getting drunk with Sophia. Do you think I send you there for fun?" Uther spat stormingly.