22. Somethings wrong

"Taehyung I need him here!" Jimin cried. Taehyung could only stare at the man with a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry." He said.

The pair had waited two hours to be seen by the doctor. It was an excruciating two hours of wondering if his son's heart was still beating. Jimin had tried to hard to stay calm, he knew freaking out could only do more harm than good, but it was difficult.

Finally when the doctor saw him he got to hear his baby's heartbeat. Jimin did felt little relief. Knowing his son's heart still beat was amazing but he knew something was wrong immediately.

He's heard his son's heartbeat many times. He knew it should be a lot faster than what it was. Something was wrong. The doctor didn't take long to confirmed that his heartbeat was much too weak for what it should have be. He needed to come out now.

Five weeks early.

Jimin had constantly said that he just wanted the baby to be born already but after hearing that his son was about to be born he wanted nothing more than for him to stay inside him. Jimin had failed his son.

He was supposed to protect him. He was supposed to be the safe place his son developed in but he failed. He should have listened to Taehyung and stayed with him for the last couple of weeks. But he was stubborn and believed he would be fine. He was the reason his baby's heartbeat was weak. If his baby didn't make it it would be all his fault.

"I'm scared. I don't want to do this alone." Jimin cried. Taehyung hugged him holding him tight. "I told you you'll never be alone. I'll be right by your side." He kissed the crying male on the forehead right before he was wheeled out if the examine room to get prepped for surgery. Yoongi wasn't here. He wouldn't be here for another three hours. He would miss the birth of his son. Something else that was Jimin's fault. He should have listened to his friend.

"Everything will be okay." A nurse tried to reassure him. But nothing was okay. Everything was terrifyingly unknown. There was so much that could go wrong. What if his baby's lungs weren't developed enough and he couldn't breath in his own? What if he came out sick? He would never forgive himself.

Everything was moving quickly. He was dressed in a gown right before they injected him with a numbing medication so he wouldn't be able to feel anything from the chest down. They laid him down onto a hospital bed placing a curtain dividing him and the doctors. People were moving around the room preparing all the surgical instruments. Jimin's eyes followed every random nurse that passed by him. A man came up to him to explain all the risks that came with the surgery. He was becoming dizzy. His mind swarming with all the negative outcomes that could happen.

"Hey." A soft voice scared him back to reality and out of his thoughts. Taehyung sat beside him. He was dressed in scrub like clothing with a hat covering his dyed red hair. He gave the frightened boy a smile of reassurance. The older boy's eyes watered. This should be Yoongi by his side but he was eternally grateful to have a friend as amazing as Taehyung. "It's okay." The male whispered. Jimin only closed his eyes wishing for all this to be over and that his son was okay.

"Jimin do you feel this." The doctor asked. "No." His voice was shaky. The doctor asked him a couple of times before finally saying "okay we are about to begin."

It wasn't long before Jimin began to feel winded. His heart exhilarated in fear. "I-I can't breath." He gasped out. A nurse placed an oxygen mask but it only made him feel more suffocated. He could feel as the doctors pulled and pushed to try to get his baby out. It was the most uncomfortable feeling he had ever felt. He took deep breaths and tried to remind himself that this would all be worth it the second his son was out safely. Everything felt foggy to him. Unreal.

"You're doing great Minnie." Taehyung whispered. Jimin could only weakly smile. Something wasn't right. He could feel it. He could hear a beeping of a machine his eyes following the sound. "Doctor patient is experiencing hypotension." A nurse called out.

"What does that mean?" Taehyung asked only to never receive an answer. His eyes were fixated on the male noting how sweaty and pale he was. "Minnie." He whispered but before he could get a response a little high pitched cry filled the room. "5:45 AM!" A nurse announced as bloody baby was lifted over the top of the curtains allowing the pair to meet baby Min for the first time.

"Oh my god." Jimin whispered lifting his head slightly to try to get a better look at him. There he was. That's his son. It was only seconds that he was in view before he was lowered and taken away to be cleaned and checked to make sure he was okay.

"You did it!" Taehyung silently cheered to his best friend. The new parent only gave a weak smile but as quickly as it appeared it was gone. His eyes rolled back and a machine began to beep excessively. "Patient going into shock!"

"What's happening?" Taehyung asked standing up out of fear. "Someone get him out of here!" The young male was shoved out of the room by a male nurse. "I'm sorry sir. You can't be in there." The man said.

"What's going on?" He asked right before the nurse rushed back into the room now filled with chaotic noises of machines and voices leaving him with nothing but worry. The faux redhead's eyes filled with tears and his chest heaving up and down. He backed up against a wall sliding down it putting his head between his knees. "Please be okay." He cried.

——————————————————

I don't like this chapter. I feel like I could have written it better.