Chapter Sixteen

I would like to say a massive thank you to all those who supported me and gave me so much love after posting. Additionally, I have been making my way though my private messages, and am truly astounded by how incredible everyone has been. There are not enough words to express my gratitude, so I hope this chapter will, in some way, be enough. 

Furthermore, this is VERY IMPORTANT SO PLEASE READ: I know a lot of you were upset with the interactions between Evie and Sebastian in the last chapter, and how toxic their relationship is. I completely understand that. However, their relationship is founded on being almost volatile. They are two opposites that are drawn together, whether it is accepted or not -- or even understood. That is their relationship. It definitely is toxic, but if you consider the characters, it would truly not make sense to have them running through a field of daisies while talking through their feelings. I know this was a lot, but I felt like I should bring attention to it, because to alter their characters would be to stray from the storyline. 

ADDITIONALLY, I know I made Sebastian more open and vulnerable in chapter 14. I won't lie, I do regret a part of that because I feel like it came too soon/didn't follow the direction I wanted the story to go. BUT I will find a way to incorporate vulnerability, from BOTH Evie and Sebastian into the storyline in a more understandable manner. 

So with that said, I hope you all enjoy this chapter. 

And with all the love in my heart, xx. 

+++++

Chapter Sixteen

"You needed someone else to help you forget the reason

You fell for me at all, in this hell of a season

If I spend the night in the gaze of strange eyes

Would you mind, dear?

Oh, would you mind?"

— Friday Pilots Club "Would You Mind"

The man swayed on his knees, spitting out blood as his eyes focused on the girl before him.

Her childlike eyes shined bright with a depravity that would make anyone cower away, and the blood that stained her clothes and skin only further supported his observation that she was anything but innocent.

"Nick Harmon should have killed you when he had the chance."

An undiscernible emotion flashed through her eyes before a sadistic smile played at her lips, causing him to feel increasing distress with every second that passed.

"Now, now," she said softly, as though she were scolding him, "that wasn't very nice, was it?"

His response died in his throat as she cocked her gun and pointed it at him, with a lethal expression on her face.

"Fortunately for me, he did. Unfortunately for you, unlike Harmon, I don't miss my chances."

+++++

12 Hours Earlier

What had I been thinking?

My stomach lurched as I heaved the contents of my stomach into the toilet bowl for what felt like the hundredth time. I tightened my fingers around the edges while perspiration formed at my hairline.

"Maybe next time you won't drink nearly half a bottle of whiskey."

I groaned at the sound of his voice, despite knowing he had been standing there watching me as I underwent the consequences of last night's actions.