T W O

He walked into the dim alleyway searching for that girl. He spotted some movement and heard faint cries, seemingly of pain. He hurried towards the noise and stopped in his tracks as he saw the girl sobbing faintly into her hands, the baggy next to her. He went to take another step but that's when she noticed him and her eyes widened in fear and she cried harder, holding her stomach as to protect her child.

He raised his hands in surrender. "I do not mean harm, I swear it," He said softly, his deep voice echoing in the alleyway. She still shook, her small, limp and petite body shivering. He didn't know if it was from her lack of clothes or fear.

"P-please... I don't want any trouble. Just leave," Her small voice trembled as she tried scurrying away but it only caused her pain. More tears escaped her eyes as she whimpered in pain. He sure hoped nothing was wrong with the baby.

"Darling, I don't want to cause any trouble. I am just worried," He admitted. He gazed at her, eyeing her down. She was a lovely looking thing, he was oddly worried though. She was homeless and pregnant? What about the father? Where is he in all this?

She looked up at him through torn and fearful eyes. Her body shaking and tense, which only caused her more pain. She had to admit she felt some warmth to his words. Her mama always called her darling and worried, but that was before she was murdered. She didn't want to believe his words, she couldn't put her baby in danger.

"Don't l-lie," Her quiet voice sang out, breakingly. It made his heart clench. He truly wasn't lying. He stepped closer one step but stopped as she flinched and pushed herself closer to the wall. He sighed deeply and sat down, crossing his legs. He didn't know what to do. He just knew he didn't want to leave her here. He couldn't.

"I'm not lying. I don't have a reason too," He started slowly, trying to sound comforting. She eyed this man in front of her for a moment before speaking again, though when she did, her voice cracked and she couldn't speak through her sob of cries.

She buried her head in her arms and cried. She was fearful, terrified for her baby. She understood the babies father raped her, but it was still her child. She still cried though she was whispering something he could barely make out.

"Help," She cried. "P-please... my baby. I-I'm scared," She cried and tucked her knees to her chest and cradled her stomach now. He could feel his heartbreaking. He knew he had to help. He would be a bastard if he didn't.

He shook himself of his nerves and stood again only to move in front of her and crouch down, holding both hands out to her. "I promise, I'll help. I need you to come with me though. Can you do that?" He asked gently, seeing her cries come to soft sniffles.

She lifted her head slightly to look at his hands and process his words. She nodded her head faintly, reaching out one shaky hand and placing his in one of his. She shakily and hesitantly moved closer to his warming body, standing up weakly as he did the same.

He grasped her hand lightly and walked slowly with her limping body next to him. She was limping badly and the pain was clear in her eyes. "I-It hurts," She whispered. His gaze fell back down to her then to how far his car was. He didn't want her walking that far.

He sighed deeply, smiling softly, hoping to give her some reassurance. "May I pick you up? Your obviously injured and shouldn't be walking," He tried to reason. Her eyes widened and she looked up at him with a strained look in hers that were clearly tired. She nodded, nonetheless.

He slowly moved closer and slid a hand around her back and waist, picking her up while using his other arm to support her legs. He started to slowly shift her body to a more comfortable position as he carried her bridal style.

Small, slow tears fell down her cheeks as he picked her from pain. She could hear his soft whispers of sorry as he started walking wherever. She kept her hands on her stomach and shielded her eyes by closing them. She was so tired and hurt.

It wasn't until she heard a click she opened her eyes and to find she was sitting in a car. Her eyes widened and she frantically looked around for a way out, but she felt a light squeeze on her hand. She whimpered and looked down at it and followed his arm up to his face and shivered by his intense, yet soft gaze.

"It's alright, Darling. I'm going to get you help. I promise I won't hurt or harm you in any way,' He said with a gentle smile and closed her door carefully. He walked quickly over to his side and got in, turning the car on and driving away.

"You'll be alright,"