F I V E

It was soon morning again. Jaxon woke early, doing some work from home for a few hours before he got up and made breakfast. He set the table, hearing her door open as he made her plate. 

She limped into the kitchen, smiling shyly. She was shy, still a little shaken up. She sat down, her legs a little shaky and looked down at the food, nervously. "Thank you, Jaxon," She murmured, her voice sounding like music to his ears when she said his name. 

He smiled and nodded, sitting down across from her, eating his own food. He didn't look at her while he ate, knowing she would probably get shy or embarrassed. After a while, he finished eating, taking a glass of orange juice and setting it down in front of her. 

She murmured another 'thank you' and Jaxon just smiled, taking a drink out of his own cup. He put their dishes away when they were done and he asked Amora to meet him in the living room when she could. 

She was a little nervous about why he wanted her to meet him in the living room, but she nodded. She sat there, drinking her delicious juice, before she got on her shaky legs and walked to the living room, sitting down next to him on the couch. 

He grabbed her hand gently, kissing the back of her knuckles gently with a small smile as her own lips twitched to a ghost smile. 

"Amora, you know I won't harm you or your child, right? I want to help you... I want to protect you, make you feel safe again," He murmured gently, his eyes soft as hers held tears. But, they were not pained tears... they were relieved tears. Almost happy tears. 

She couldn't believe this man accepted a homeless pregnant girl into his own so welcoming. she knew she owed him her life... she knew she would give him a chance if anything ever went farther. She nodded to his words. 

Jaxon sighed, closing his eyes a moment before opening them. "Good," He whispered to himself. He pulled her into an unexpected embrace, hugging her. He really did have feelings for this small girl. 

After a moment, he pulled away and kissed her head, softly. "I'll care for you and your baby... I'll make sure you're alright, no one will touch you again. I'll protect you, keep you safe. Make you feel the love you deserve," He said, his voice held all the truth to his words. 

She felt a tear stride down her cheek. She was... happy. Happy to have someone who cared for her. Happy someone would take care of her, make sure she is safe. Love her, the way she longed for.

Jaxon lifted his hand up, wiping her stray tear away with the pad of his thumb, caressing her soft cheek with his thumb. He brushed a piece of the young girl's black hair behind her ear, sighing softly. 

Was it possible to fall in love with someone you met just a few days ago? Someone who has a completely different lifestyle than him?

Yes. 

Because he did. He was in love. And he fell hard.

________________

A/N

Only a couple more chapters left! I loved writing this! <3