another possible friend,*(chapter 4)

The next morning I woke up and did my usual routine before I stepped out of the hotel to take another stroll around the village. I did not see much the other day because i had that guy following me around.

Just as I was a little further from the hotel I was stopped by a young woman. I recognised her as that woman who gave me a concerned look.

"Hello" she greeted, her voice a bit deep because she was speaking a different language than she's used to. Her voice was strangely calming though. "My name is Thandi", "hello Thandi,my name is Ajax". "Well Ajax, we need to talk so let's walk".

I nodded and took a stroll with her. "Stay away from the prince" I was startled by her words, who was the prince again? I had no recognition of such an individual.

"Who is the prince?", "Prince Sthembiso" my eyes widened,"he's a prince?", "Yes I'm afraid so.

I'm not telling you this because I think your social statuses don't match. It's quite the opposite really. The thing is, prince Sthembiso, is a dangerous man with no once of mercy on his bone. I've never really seen him laugh or smile, his always so cold. Do you know he's never been interested in anyone in the village whether male or female".

"Does that mean he's a virgin?" I asked skeptically, "oh hell no his definitely not a virgin. What man is still a virgin in this day and age". I had no words to refute that since I was one of those men who where still virgins.

Oh well she did not have to know that. "Anyway take my warning seriously. Now come with me, the girls and I are practicing our maiden dance steps. A ceremony will be held soon maybe I might be lucky to find a suitor".

"You're very pretty I'm sure you'll get your dream man". "My, what a sweet tangue you have" I giggled at her words but caught myself because it sounded so ...unmanly.

"You're cute" she said laughing. Walking with Thandi, was not so bad I knew I might have made another friend. We got to where the young women were dancing and I was farcinated by how they moved.

I felt a stare on my being so I looked to where it came from, only to come face to face with the young woman who had glared at me the other day at the river. I decided to ignore her and greeted the rest.

They were very welcoming if I could say so myself. They were also fun to be with. "Hey pale boy, want to join us?" asked one. I saw no point in refusing so I nodded.

I was very stiff so they would laugh when I danced I did not care nor give up. We practiced for quite awhile then finally stopped as the young man of the village got back from their hunt.

"The man are finally back!" exclaimed one. There's prince Sthembiso, oh my god he's so handsome" she said with a love struck sigh.

I raised my brow at her then shrugged, I guessed he had many admires after all he was a prince and a fine man. Really I kind of envied him, I'm only followed by sluts, even one wants to marry me.

The girl who was glaring at me spoke, "now that's a real man, not like someone who just sits and dances with women". I had a feeling she was referring to me so it kind of stung.

"Nina, don't be rude" reprimanded Thandi, "why are you defending the white boy?  he knows his nothing but a girl wearing man skin. A real man hunts and protects his family. A real man can build a house with his bare hands. Tell me white boy, which of those can you do?".

I could not say a word against what she said because I knew she had me in a Conner. I hung my head low then walked away from the group as they began to argue in their native tongue.

I felt like crying but I would not, i never wanted to show an enemy they got to me. Just as I was walking I felt strong arms wrap around me. I turned and Sthe, was looking at me with a look I could not read. "Tell me Dali, what were you all talking about?".