lunch at the palace* (cp 5)

I sighed but did not answer him , what could he do anyway. It was not like he could make me a man among man.

"I don't like you looking so sad, if you don't tell me what happened I'll punish all the young women who were with you".

My eyes widened at that and I made a move to get out of his arms but like the other day he did not bulge so I gave up. "Do you think I'm not a real man?" I asked because the words that woman said were eating me up.

It never bothered me before to be the way I was but now it seemed men were supposed to be some strong heroes . I was just plain old me who liked to sit, read and sing.

How could I know how to hunt? I was a business man for crying out loud , all I ever did was deal with presentations and a lot of paperwork. "Who told you that you are not a real man?", His voice sounded upset for some reason.

"No one don't worry about it I'm just being silly", "I'll ask for myself then", he said letting go of me , I would have been happy to be let go but the way he spoke about finding out who told me those words. I knew it meant trouble.

I grabbed his hand before he walked away from me, "please don't confront anyone. Please", I said looking at him in the eyes, "fine" . "Can you take me hunting with you guys next time you go out to hunt?". "No", was his quick reply, "please Sthe", I begged . "Take me with you please", I moistened my eyes and hoped to gunner some pity by looking vulnerable.

He sighed , "I can't say no to you Dali, fine then but you'll have to stay close to me at all times". My smile at that moment could make the sun jealous. I hugged him until I realised what I did and made a move to step back.

He did not let me, he held me in place that my cheeks turned crimson because I really was not used to being shown so much affection. "Have you eaten lunch yet?", He asked , "no" , "I was with the women the whole day practicing how to dance, I forgot the time".

"No problem come with me I'm sure my mother and my brothers' wifes have cooked". "No need to trouble yourself with me I'll just get food at the hotel". "Dali? ", "HM..", I replied , "have I asked you if you want to come eat lunch with me?", "No". "Then why are you making so many excuses? Look I was not asking you , I was telling you your having lunch with me and my family".

I sighed knowing I was never going to win , arguing with that man was impossible. He took my hand and we walked to his home. His home was actually very beautiful, huts were everywhere but there was also a modern looking house in the middle .

I just walked with him towards the modern looking house. Many people bowed as he passed , he did nothing just continued to be stiff faced. I greeted everyone as I entered the house behind Sthe . An older looking woman came towards us with stern steps.

"Son your just in time for lunch, come join us at the table". I looked at her and guessed she was the queen. "Greetings" , I bowed, that is when she turned her attention to me. "Who are you?", Her voice was actually really cold making me wince. "My name is Ajax, I'm from America".

She just nodded then turned her attention back to her son. "Follow me", she said and we did. Some people were already there. I still walked behind Sthe , all of them looked so intimidating. Sthe, sat me beside him , everyone stared at me curiously. "Who is this?" The man who I figured was the king asked.

"My name is Ajax, sir". I bowed a little feeling like a rabbit trapped with a pride of lions. "I'm sorry to intrude on your meal". "Let's eat", the man said , and everyone began to dig in. I did not know what to do. Then a plate was sat before me , I looked up and Sthe, spoke. "Eat".