Chapter 19 - Answer

Jacob William

I looked at the ring that I gave her yesterday and still don't get it why she was so sad about it. Did I say something? Is the ring not beautiful enough? I mean I know we shared a night last night but I still want to know.

"Your grandpa said that.. you have to go to the office later on at 3 to attend meetings." I turned to Catherine who's currently walking towards me.

"Okay." I said and she sat next to me. We both currently sitting at the edge of the swimming pool with our legs dipped inside the water. I gave her the ring and she took it from me. She slipped it to her ring finger.

"Do you want to tell me why did you cry last night?"

"I just want to be happy, is it a crime to just be happy?" She said as she looked at ring.

"You deserve to be happy." I answered as I looked up to the sky.

"I know the idea of us getting married will make a lot of people happy but how about us? We're the ones who will get married to each other. I mean.. I know I wanted to make my grandpa happy by marrying you but how about me?" She said in a slight hint of anger.

"I understand.. I thought you were sad because the ring."

"No." She answered quickly and I looked down to the water moving my legs up and down.

"After meeting your friends yesterday, they looked really happy."

"Ian and Tatiana weren't married because of love. She was forced into it." I said because there might be a misunderstanding here.

"I know but still there's in love with each other now. They're so in love and so happy.." She said and I chuckled.

"Catherine, you don't know them that much. You just met yesterday, you can't say that they're in love and happy." I said and she smacked my arm.

"You can tell when a guy is in love, you can see it in his eyes."

"Cliche." I commented.

"Have you ever been in love before? Oh right! You're too busy with work." She said in a sarcastic tone making me laugh.

"Yeah, I have no time." I said but in her tone. She glared at me and I laughed.

"I did not sound like that." She said flatly.

"Oh you are.." I said and I started to troll her.

"Have you ever been in love? Oh rightttttt! You're toooooooo busy with work." I said in a high pitch tone and she was ready to kill me.

"You're annoying." She hissed as she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"You didn't say that last night." I said whispering and she kicked my body to the pool. I looked at her disbelief and she shrugged.

"Oops.. sorry." She said in a bitchy way and I grabbed her feet.

"Jacob.. I will kill you." She said in a warning tone and I stood between her legs smirking big time. She tried to push me away by splashing water and pushed my chest.

"You're wearing a white shirt huh?" I said and her eyes widen.

"You pervert!" She smacked my chest trying to get away but I grabbed her wrist pulling her into the water. She came out from the water and immediately smacked me. She clinged to my body like a koala and I laughed.

"What are you doing?"

"I can't swim!!" She screamed as I tried to push her away.

"You what?" I pretended not to hear her as I walked towards the deeper section.

"Jacob, I will cut your balls if you don't get me out of the water." She said but I ignored her. She felt the water starting to rise up as I got deeper.

"Jacob please.. it's not funny." She begged as she started to panic. I pointed at my lips asking for a kiss and she smacked my face instead.

"Catherine!" She slapped me damn hard..

"Get me out of the water!" She said it to my ear and I immediately walked back to the edge of the pool. She smacked my arm once again before getting out of the pool.

"You are mean." She hissed as she sat trying to calm herself down. Her white shirt was completely drenched in water and it was so visible to see her curves and her bra. My eyes stucked at it admiring her beauty. Suddenly she splashed water at me..

"Pervert." She hissed.

"You can't blame me, babe. You were the one who started this." I said as I got out from the water sitting next to her. She started make the shirt loose so it won't stuck to her body.

I got out from the pool and took the fresh towel that I prepared earlier. I put it on her and she turned to me.

"Go take a shower." I said as I ruffled her hair. I walked inside completely wet and ran upstairs to take a shower. In the shower, I even laughed remembering her reaction getting into the water. She's cute.

I got out and checked the time. I changed into my suit because I'm going to a meeting soon and I don't want to be late for it. I looked at myself at the mirror to do my tie and then I walked from the room.

"Catherine." I called her name as I knocked on the door. She was not answering.. maybe she's taking a bath. I just decided to go straight to the meeting. I walked downstairs and found my grandpa waiting for me in the living room.

"Sit down, Jacob." He said as he gestured me to sit on the chair facing him. I walked towards him and sat down nervously. What is he going to do this time?

"Me and Tim agreed that.. we're going to let you grow first and you both can get married next year." He said smiling and I raised my eyebrows.

"Seriously?" I asked to make sure that he's not joking around about it.

"Yeah, we'll give you a year for you two to grow because Tim said that Catherine wants to learn more about the company and she wants to take over fully so we decided to postpone the wedding. How's that?" He asked me and demanding for answer to that statement. I really don't know how to react or to answer.

The both of them wanted us to get married in a month and now they're giving us a year. What?!

"But you can't date another woman, you both will stay engaged for a year." He said and I found myself nodding.

"Now.. you can talk to Catherine about it if you two want to get married in a month or next year. You don't have any other choice, Jacob." He warned and I nodded.

"Ask Catherine and give me the answer tomorrow."