Chapter 30 - Love

Jacob William

"Mr. William, your bestfriend is here." My secretary announced and I nodded at her to let him in. I stopped whatever I'm doing and I got up from my seat. Brad did call me to have lunch together so I'll just go out and meet him in front of the lift.

I put on my suit and the door opened. Instead of Brad coming in, it was Catherine.

"Hi." She waved her hand awkwardly and I looked at her coldly.

"I think I have to-"

"I brought you your favorite steak." She said as she showed me the paper bag.

"What are you doing here?" I asked and she walked towards my table. She put the steak but I stopped her. She turned to me and she looked straight into my eyes.

"I'm going to win you back." That got me speechless and mad at the same time.

"What? You're going to ask me to marry you?" I bursted and she nodded.

"Yes! I'm going to ask you to marry me.. I will drag you to the church if I have to." She said and I let out a scoff.

"I guess your grandfather didn't tell you huh?" I smirked.

"What?"

"I'm going to marry someone else in 2 weeks and I'm positive that my grandfather sent you an invitation." I said and Catherine gulped nervously.

"No! You can't marry anyone but me!"

"Look at you, Catherine. Your time is up.. it was 2 years ago." I was mad.

"I'm sorry." She held on to my arm but I pushed her hands away.

"I accept your apology so just get lost!" I bursted angrily but my heart was hurting a lot inside. I wanted to cry remembering the moments that we had and the accident that hit me in Toronto. She was my first love and I never thought it will end like this.

They say that first love will never die and they're right. It's still there and that's why I need to get rid of it.

"Jacob.. please."

"Why now? Huh? Why now?" I asked her and before she can answer, I walked out from my office.

"Go get security and bring that woman out from my building. I don't want her to enter this building ever again." I said to my secretary and she nodded. I went into the lift and go down to the lobby.

"Kyle? I was going to surprise you with lunch." I turned to see my fiance, Mandy.

"Let's go.. I'll explain later." I said as I grabbed her wrist. We got into my car and I drove away from my office building.

"What's wrong?"

"Catherine, she's here." I said and Mandy clapped her hands big time.

"Really? She's so sweet." She squealed and I shook my head.

"Are you really my fiance?" I hissed coldly.

"I am your fiance but I don't love you and you don't love me so.."

"You should act like one." I said and she chuckled.

"She's going to win you back right?" Mandy asked curiously.

"You and I are going to get married, Mandy."

"Are you sure?" She asked and I can't believe she asked that.

"You don't want your money?"

"Don't need to worry about that.. my superman is on his way." She said as she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"I can't believe this." I scoffed.

"You still love her anyway, why are you playing hard to get?"

"I don't want her to get into my life again, I'm a mess when she's around." I said honestly.

"It's called love, Kyle Denver."

"Just.. do you thing.. you're my fiance and you should act like one." I hissed and she smacked my arm.

"How can I act like one when we both love other people? We both just helping each other out." She said and I just shut my mouth.

"Don't you want to get back with her?"

"No.. I don't want it." Lies.

"Really? Isn't this the right time for you to be happy?" She asked and I stopped the car when the red light show up. I turned to her and sighed.

"I don't know what I want.. She left me when I was really excited to marry her and-"

"I understand how you feel because I know that feeling very well. But you should know that it takes two to tango. When a relationship doesn't work out, it's because the both of you not only her or only you." She said and she smiled widely at me.

"I want you to be happy, you deserve it. You helped me a lot too and you don't have to marry me either." She added and I turned back to the road.

I got out from the car and looked at the sea in front of me. I closed my eyes and let the breeze hit my face. My head and my heart were struggling so hard when I saw Catherine. I miss her.. I do and there's no denying it. I still love her after 2 years wanting to erase her from my own memories.

We both were rockheads and we weren't mature enough at that time.

"I always wonder.. what is it like when a man loves a women? Now.. I can witness it with my own eyes." Mandy said as she sat on the sand. I walked towards her and sat beside her.

"What do you see from it?" I asked.

"I'm jealous. Catherine is lucky to have a man who loves her so much. No one ever loves me." She said as she looked down to the ground.

"Someone will come.."

"Well at least you're not denying that you love Catherine so much." She let out a chuckle.

"Then stop running away, Mandy. Running away won't solve any problem." I said and she turned to me.

"I'm just trying to get my inheritance."

"Money is not everything when you lose everything you love around you." I said and she laughed dryly.

"Are you sending me back to UK?"

"Amanda Estelle." I warned her and she chuckled.

"Don't call me that.."

"Stop looking at other person when someone who loves you is right in front of your eyes." I said remembering her friend, Logan.

"Well.. at least I have to leave America witnessing you and Catherine back together first." She smiled and I patted her head.

"That's my girl."