46 | Eleven

You still live in the silence between my thoughts.

The bed shifts uncomfortably beneath me, the mattress dipping as Archer rolls his shoulders.

"Stop it." Nelle snaps half-heartedly, slapping at the air. "You're making this so much more difficult than it has to be."

"A child." Liam's unmistakeable voice echoes.

Archer's head snaps up to glare at the boy before he groans and rests his shoulders, letting her examine it.

She winces, "It'll have to be reset."

"Ouchie."

"You're commentary is making it worse." Archer mumbles.

"Stop being dramatic, that's my job. I specifically remember it being in my contract."

"You added it in." Cleo inserts.

"There was no clause saying you couldn't write on it."

Archer breathes roughly through his nose, but I see the smile peeking through at their banter.

"I'm going to need some help." Nelle says suddenly, distracted with her dark eyes pinched together.

Clay moves, wandering closer to Archer.

Liam perks up, following. He rubs his hands together smoothly with a diabolical smile.

Each man takes a spot on Archer's sides, holding him still as Nelle reaches for his injured arm.

She looks at each man and nods before looking at Archer.

"Ready?"

"Just do it."

"On three."

"One,"

Liam chuckles.

"Two,"

Archer glares.

"Three,"

She pulls, a colourful string of swears leaving Archer's lips.

"That's ten dollars in the swear jar." Liam admonishes, dusting his hands off.

Archer only groans in reply, hand reaching for his injured shoulder. Nelle slowly shakes her head, and he stops as she reaches for the bag at her feet.

She pulls a sling out, making quick work of placing it correctly on him.

"I'm going to take a wild guess and say you don't want the prescription drugs?" Nelle hums, raising a brow.

Archer clear his throat. "I need to have a clear head."

Nelle rolls her eyes but doesn't push, collecting her stuff.

She turns to me, and I smile tiredly. She grins back, reaching in for a hug.

"It was good seeing you again, even under the circumstances." She whispers, releasing me.

She steps back and rights her bag, "I'll see Gary on my way out. Don't go doing any strenuous activity-"

"Does that include sex?" Liam cuts in, eyes twinkling devilishly.

Nelle sighs. "Yes, including sex."

"Damn, sorry Arch."

"Shut up."

"I advise bedrest for at least two weeks and constant check-ups on the healing of the scars. If they start to look infected, go to a doctor or call me. Apply this topical cream every few hours and try to keep them uncovered so they can breathe." She hands me a tube and I take it, resting it beside me on the bed.