41 | Archer

She is water.
powerful enough to drown you,
soft enough to cleanse you,
deep enough to drown you.

The ropes dig into my skin, blood tainting them red.

The room is silent, only the sound of my breathing mixing with Hollands's echoing.

Her shoulders rise and fall with her breaths, and I watch her through narrowed eyes, making sure she continues breathing.

Because I didn't need to fall in love with you.

Her blonde hair rests against her face, masking her features from me and the sight of her blood causes anger to rise within me, my hands fisting by my side.

Because I didn't need to fall in love with you.

"Well, I guess that makes one of us, Sarge." I whisper, looking at her on the metal table.

She gasps in her sleep, the sound so full of pain it has my heart squeezing, but she stays asleep, her body shuddering from the amount of wounds she sustained the last week.

Another soft sigh releases from her lips, her back rising with the movement and my eyes focus on the wounds on her back, the words engraved into her flesh.

'Speak No Evil'

My fingers clench into a fist, eyes travelling down the length of Hollands exposed back, cataloguing each and every wound inflicted on her skin, from her nape all the way to her lower back.

The sound of Scarlett's heels sound, the clicking grating on my already frayed nerves. My muscles tighten, causing the ropes to twist and dig into my skin more. I grit my teeth, ignoring the pain.

The door open and there she stands, her eyes not once looking at me as she stares, mesmerised at Hollands back.

"Scarlett, haven't you grown bored of her?" I try to divert her attention to me, but it never works.

She walks past me, circling the metal table like an eagle on the hunt.

I grind my teeth.

Finally, her eyes settle on mine, she smiles.

"What should we use today?"

She walks to the other table, picking up a small dagger and a larger one. She shows them both to me, as if seeking my approval.

"Don't do this, Scarlett." My eyes flick to Hollands prone form. "Leave her alone."

She scoffs, throwing the larger one back on the table. "You're no fun, you used to be fun, Archer."

She walks over to me, bending down. "What happened to you, Archer? You've changed."

I've changed?

She drags the knife down my jaw, not letting it pierce the skin. "Do you not love me anymore?"

I've never loved you.

I grind my teeth to stop the words from spilling forth, letting her continue to touch me, even ad my skin crawls.

Anything to stop her from focusing on Holland.

"I know you did." She whispers, mesmerized with the knife as she drags it across my jugular gently. "You were just waiting for the right moment to tell me."

I grunt, the sound not a denial or a confirmation.

"But it's okay we can be together soon."

She stands back up, walking slowly back to Hollands still body.