☼ Chapter VI ☼

picture; Ankiel Ylisove

song; "STFD" by TeZaTalks

author's note; Yay! My two favorite characters have finally come along. I know it's only chapter six, but these two had originally been in the very first chapter in the old version I scrapped. 

Trent and Ankiel are just such complex, interesting characters — not that the other characters aren't — but I could literally do a spin-off about these two and what they've done and gone through to be honest.

You guys should definitely always listen to the song on the side by the way! It always fits the main point/event of the chapter, and is usually a pretty good song.

What do you guys think so far?

Comment + Vote, enjoy!

____________________________________________________________

Hyacinth snatched the sword out of its case, the sharp singe of it slit through the air. "Medieval, I know." She admired the sword's girth before raising her eyes back up to the class.

"The probability of you ever using a sword in battle is incredibly slim due to our advantage of having guns in modern day. But it is a weapon in which you can use in a fight, therefore, we will learn how to wield them." The Mentor's obsidian-black eyes settled on me, and narrowed a nanosecond afterward.

"You," Her finger jabbed pointedly in my direction and I stood even more rigidly, clasping my hands behind my back and levelling my eyes directly into her dark gaze.

"Why are you in my class, sixth year?" I stared at her for a while, wondering how she knew I was supposed to be a year six Novice.

"I was advanced a year, Mentor. I wasn't able to speak to you beforehand because I was meeting with my personal Mentor." My voice came out firm and unwavering despite the fact she had put me on the spot, which I hated.

"Who is your personal Mentor, girl?" The sound of her voice indicated that she didn't believe me, and a pinprick of annoyance sparked in my chest. A sickeningly sweet smile was forced onto my face.

"Mistress Genevieve Seilyar." Hyacinth straightened now, the brownness of her skin slightly draining of colour as a new darkness flicked through her abyss-like orbs. "I am Princess Sonya Reinove, Mentor."

"My apologies, Princess." She said quickly, a guilty look smeared across her pretty face. "It must've slipped my mind that Genevieve was planning to excel you this year." She smiled at me and I felt smug at the fact that she was basically kissing my ass now, and squelched the urge to smirk at her.

"It's fine, Mentor. I understand." I dismissed her simply and she nodded to show her respect before turning back to the Combats class.

"Anyway, like I was saying, we're going to start this year off with sword wielding. But first, let's have a few warm up fights, yes?" No one responded. "I'd like to get a range of the level everyone can fight at."

I was second to last before she finally decided to pick me. When I stood to make my way to the front of the class, I heard a few rude snickers follow me.

"Let's see if Princess Sonya Reinove can amount up to her reputation." The voice was female, and an itching irritation curdled over me at the way she sounded so dubious.

Why would I be skipped up a year if my "so-called" abilities was all fluff? I jerked back to see who had spoken.

A girl I didn't recognize from any of my other classes was watching me with lucid hunger. She had burgundy hair that was tied back into a tight bun and dirt-brown eyes.