✖ c h a p t e r | 05 ✖

matt

"And here we have the two love birds asleep after a long day of flirting with each other." Nash's voice rang out. I groaned quietly and opened my eyes, seeing that I was cuddled up next to Mia and there was only a few people left on the beach. Nash smirked, clicking away at his phone, probably posting the video of me and Mia on Vine.

"What time is it?" I asked, not wanting to wake Mia up. Nash looked at his phone.

"Seven."

"Jesus Christ." I said, running a hand through my hair. We had been at the beach for around seven hours, about four of them spent sleeping. He laughed.

"When did you fall asleep, dude?" He asked.

"At around three." I said. He smirked slightly.

"You've been cuddling Mia for four hours?" He asked. I rolled my eyes, feeling my cheeks heat up slightly.

"Shut up Nash. Let's just get her back to the hotel."

"We're going to have to wake her up." I shook my head.

"I'll carry her. She's exhausted." I said, sitting up.

"I'd appreciate that, but I'm awake anyways." Mia's voice spoke. I looked down at her.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked. She smiled, stretching,

"Since Nash made the Vine."

"How'd you know I was making a Vine?" Nash asked her. She grinned.

"Because you're predictable." I laughed and sat up as Mia followed my actions.

"I'm not tired anymore. After, you know, sleeping for four hours." She said with a small laugh. I grinned.

"What'd you do all day?" Nash asked.

"Surfed." Mia and I answered at the same time. Nash made a strange face and looked between us.

"You guys are like a married couple. It's creepy." He said. I rolled my eyes and stood up, sliding on my shirt. Mia put on her shorts and crossed her arms over her chest, trying to hide her shivering. I reaached in my bag and grabbed a hoodie, handing it to her. She smiled, taking it gently from my hands.

"Thank you." She said quietly, slipping it over her head. I smiled and turned to Nash.

"So what are we doing?" I asked.

"We're gonna grab some dinner somewhere, then we were going to go night swimming in the hotel pool." I nodded.

"Perfect." I said as Mia pulled her thick waves into a messy ponytail, pulling it tighter, and putting her sunglasses on top of her head.

"Where are we going for dinner?" She asked.

"I'll ask the boys, they're all on the pier." Nash answered. Mia nodded and Nash smirked at us.

"So, you and Matt got pretty comfortable, Mia." She shook her head, tightening her ponytail.

"Shut up, Nash." She sang. I tried to restrain a smile as she flipped him off.

"What's got you smiling over there, Matt?" Nash teased. I shook my head.

"Shut up, Nash." I said. We all laughed and finally met the boys at the pier.

Once we got there, the boys wolf whistled and cheered. "Get some, Espinosa!" Taylor cheered.

I shook my head as Mia bit her lip softly. "Matt wont tell me what happened!" Nash told the boys. I rolled my eyes.