[ eight ]

| the big finale |

h e r o

❝ h e r o ❞

"Call it, Captain," Tony states, charging his repulsors.

"Alright, listen up," Steve demands, taking control. "Until we can close that portal up there, we’regonna use containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash."

Clint nods, turning his gaze to Tony in his IronMan suit. "Wanna give me a lift?"

"Better clench up, Legolas."

IronMan lifts Clint off of the ground and up to the nearest rooftop.

"Thor! You gotta try and bottleneck that portal, slow ’em down. You got the lightning, light the bastards up."

Thor nods and swings Mjolnir, flying off.

"Wilson, telaport to the end of this street to help keep the fighting on the ground. You can get to places faster than most of us so use that to your advantage."

"Aye aye, Captain," she agrees before closing her eyes to do as he said.

"You and me, we stay-"

Steve's voice is gone as she reopens her eyes, taking in the battlefield in front of her. Her appearance immediately catches the attention of several Chitauri warriors, their loud war cries echoing throughout the block.

"I can scream too, assholes," Celeste huffs, unsheathing her knife and releasing a loud battle cry of her own.

"Impressive," Clint chuckles in her earpiece.

"Shut up."

Charging towards the aliens, she knocks three to the ground, her weapon easily piercing their armor and skin. Grabbing one by the front of his armor, she manages to flip him over and into his fellow aliens as the heat from her gloves burns him.

An undamaged Chitauri jumps over his fallen comrades, startling her enough to cause her to stumble backwards. Her back becomes pressed up against an abandoned school bus, the pressure hitting her wound and causing her to involuntarily hiss in pain. The alien pounces in her moment of distraction, throwing her knife from her slackened grip and across the street.

His sword raises, but before she can telaport away, an arrow sails into the back of the Chitauri's head. Celeste laughs disbelievingly as his body slumps to the ground, glancing to the rooftop and offering a mock salute to the archer.

Not seeing any more Chitauri or Leviathans within a threatening distance, she dashes across the street to retrieve her lost knife. Debris and rubble from damaged buildings and cars litter the street, making her search slightly more difficult.