[ ten ]

| a problem |

s o r r y

❝ s o r r y ❞

"Full offense," Celeste retorts, glancing between the distorted robot and the others warily. "But what the fuck?"

Her eyebrows knit together in frustration as she attempts to read the thing's mind, but the only feedback she gets is everyone else's thoughts.

"Stark?" Steve questions, glancing to the man.

"JARVIS," Tony mutters, ignoring Steve as he waits on a response from his AI.

"I'm sorry I was asleep," the robot says, lopsidedly stepping closer. "Or I was a dream."

"Reboot," Tony calls out to JARVIS. "We got a buggy suit."

"I heard this terrible, terrible noise and I was tangled in strings," the robot continues, oblivious to Tony's commands. "Had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy."

"You killed someone?" Steve reiterates, growing defensive.

"I think the better question is why he did it," Celeste suggests.

"My guess would be because he's a bad guy," Clint offers. "Last I checked, they don't exactly get along with good guys."

"Wouldn't have been my first call," the robot remarks. "But down in the real world, we're faced with ugly choices."

"Who sent you?" Thor demands.

The robot opens his mouth, but it's Tony's voice that comes from it. "I see a suit of armor around the world"

"Ultron," Bruce breathes out.

"In the flesh. Or no, not yet," Ultron declares, nearly falling over as he looks down at his mangled body. "Not this Christmas. But I'm ready, and I'm on a mission."

"What mission?" Natasha questions.

"Peace in our time."

Tony's recently programmed service robots burst through the walls behind Ultron as the sentence leaves his lips, flipping a switch within the group as their fight or flight instincts take over.

Steve flips the coffee table, sending it and their leftovers flying through the air. Celeste and Clint slide out of the way, taking cover behind the couch as Natasha and Bruce dive over the bar. Thor, Tony, and Rhodey don't have time to move, already fighting off two robots.

"Try not to get shot this time," Celeste warns.

"No promises," Clint jokes.

The two stand up in unison, their own ideas forming. Clint starts to sprint towards Steve's shield on the other side of the room and one of the robots immediately spot him, opening up its palm to shoot at him. Celeste glances around, spotting a large piece of glass from the table Steve broke. Diving over the couch in one swift motion, she slams it into the neck of the robot and kicks it towards Thor, who bats it away easily with his hammer.