CHAPTER 3

Livy finally woke up to the familiar scent of her room, the warmth of it suddenly smoothed her aching nerves.

Wait, how did she get to her room? Was this even her room?

Was that all a dream? If it was, then she would be very relieved to have woken up from that nightmare, but she knew deep down it wasn't a dream.

Still a bit weak, she opened her eyes and could see the doctor writing down something on his notepad.

She looked around just to be certain it was her room, when she saw her mother's cold eyes staring her down.

Last thing she remembered was, she suddenly felt weak at work in her office and decided to close her eyes for a bit.

Could it be that she had fainted back then? Why, why did she faint?

The memories came rushing back like a sharp slap making her flinch.

She had seen the Winfrey's at Luthel Industries, and she knew the reason why they had come.

That and coupled with the fact that she had not eaten anything since the day before must have been the reason she fainted.

"Good, you're awake. How do you feel? Are you hurting anywhere?" doctor Collins asked, concerned.

Dr Collins has been the Luthel family doctor ever since Livy was still little, so she felt comfortable around him a bit.

"I feel fine, just my head...it feels sore, and my stomach hurts a little," she replied.

"How long have you been feeling the ache in your head?", Collins asked.

"For the past 2 days now, I... " before she could finish her response Judy interrupted,

"She must have been stressing herself so much at the office combined with the wedding preparations. I shouldn't have let her take on so much work, but I hope she is alright?"

Livy was completely frozen as the sound of the word 'marriage' rang in her ears.

So it was decided then? She was going to get married to Markian. She couldn't help the tears that began to roll down her cheek.

Her eyes were still glued to her mother who showed no sympathy or pity whatsoever.

Judy's face was as blank as ever with maybe a slight disapproval, not to the fixed marriage, but to the fact that Livy was now crying.

She always hated it when her daughters shade unnecessary tears around her, thinking it would solve anything.

She believes that anyone who cries at the slightest things are weak and lazy, thinking that they can get things done if they shade a few tears. Pathetic.

"She will be fine, she just need to start eating properly because she is losing weight, and I will give her some prescriptions she needs to take, it will help with the headache and the pain in her stomach for the time being. Well, congratulations Miss Luthel on your wedding. Don't worry, you will be just fine if you take the prescribed medications as instructed," Collins said pleasantly, but Livy was lost in thought and might as well be drowning in her own tears.

"Of course doctor, she will and I'll make sure of that, thank you." Judy walked the doctor to the door, and handed him over to the steward as she returned to the bed where Livy laid.

She was very upset for few reasons, but kept a straight face still as she straightened the blanket covering Livy.

" Take a day off and take care of yourself, I said. Falling sick or fainting at the office doesn't tell well on our personality, but does she listen? No! I'm responsible for putting food on the tables of over 2000 employees, but I can't even feed my own daughter. Ha, what an irony," Judy spoke mostly to herself but was not careful with her word well aware that Livy was still crying.