CHAPTER 8

Daniel spent the remaining few hours drinking himself to numbness.

He never should have returned to Minnesota, it was a mistake coming back here. Now he has to see the girl of his dreams in the arms of his cousin.

He was still at the bar even as the Welcoming started. All the attempts of the young ladies present to get his attention had all been in vain.

He wouldn't stop drinking let alone speak to anyone. He was getting what he wished for at least -to be numb to the pain and everything inbetween- until she arrived.

Livy was dressed in a milk-colored pink flora strapless gown. She had a pink half-cut fur coat that hung few inches below her neck with matching strapped-heels.

She was looking exceptionally beautiful than she was in the morning, making it harder for Daniel to focus. She was all he could see as everything and everyone else become blurred.

He tried to stand up from the stool but his legs were numb and he knew he would fall and make a fool of himself, so he remained in his seat with his eyes glued on Livy.

He was such a person, he knew when to go after what he wants and when to give up. But, ever since Livy appeared in his life, all sense of reasoning eluded him.

Soon the music started and she was on the dance floor with Markian. He couldn't understand the sudden dislike he now felt towards his cousin.

Was it because Markian was with the woman of his dreams, or was it because he knew Markian doesn't really like her? Whatever the reason was, it was the first time he had felt such rage towards his cousin.

Markian and Daniel had been more than just cousins, they had been brothers and best friends until he left Minnesota 5years ago.

Castlehill had always been the Winfrey's family business until Grandpa Winfrey Castlehill died and left his will, making his first son, Matthew Winfrey the Chairman of Castlehill group of companies. And his second son, Tion Winfrey, he made the Manager of Shanghai group which Heather was now in charge of after Daniel went to Grenada.

As heir to the Shanghai group, his father wanted more from him and always compared him to Markian.

Tion Winfrey had always envied his brother's position as Chairman and had done some unethical things that could create enmity between siblings. So Daniel left for his peace of mind and for his cousin's sake.

But, could it be that an enmity between both of them is inevitable?

Right now, he really hates the fact that Livy was Markian's woman, and the fact that Markian doesn't want her makes him even more furious.

He soon blamed it on the alcohol, he was not thinking straight. Maybe a good night rest would bring his mind peace, so one last look at Livy before he headed upstairs, then he saw it.

Daniel's mind went on a personal rampage as his eyes fell on Markian's hands on Livy's butt, and Livy's struggle to be free of him.

He wanted to march down the dance floor, grab Markian by the neck and give him a good punch.

Luckily she broke free from his grip, giving him a little sense of satisfaction.

'Wait, what is wrong with me. They are both married now, so why am I still feeling the need to rescue her? She is his woman now, and I am nobody to her, but why do I feel this way? Livy, what did you do to me?' Daniel questioned himself.

His eyes fell on her again and this time, Markian's hand gripped her wrist forcefully and dragged her upstairs.

He quickly rushed on his feet, but the alcohol in his system protested against his obtrusion. His head felt heavy and his eyes were finding it hard to focus.