CHAPTER 4

A lot had happened since the evening of the engagement party and everything was beginning to overwhelm Livy.

The day after the engagement party, she received a call from Heather to hang out and go shopping at the mall.

She had tried to explain to Heather how busy she was but to no avail, so she was practically dragged on the shopping spree.

Livy wasn't a fan of hanging out with friends or going shopping, let alone with someone she barely knows.

But as the day went by, she slowly became comfortable with Heather who could talk, gist and laugh all day.

It was amazing how much she had enjoyed their hang out and shopping, well since she had not done any of those like for ever.

Heather didn't waste any time in planning a spa date the next day ahead of the wedding which was just two days away.

After the beautiful afternoon they had, Livy began feeling perplexed when she got a text from Markian's secretary, informing her of a dinner reservation made by Markian that evening.

She was certain there must have been a mistake somewhere so she called back just to make sure, and was assured that a reservation have been made for both she and Markian at a very fancy restaurant.

How? No why does he want to have dinner with her?

She can barely comport herself at the mere sight of him, so sitting with him is just on a different level of scary. How on earth would she be able to sit with Markian alone, all evening?

Should she cancel and say she is busy with work? But her mother had relieved her of all duties ahead of the wedding preparations.

It won't be a huge white wedding ceremony with grand reception and lots of people, but something simple.

A small court wedding with family members only, preceded with a small reception afterwards.

"He hates me, so why does he want us to meet?" was the question she kept asking herself with no answer at all.

Well, it's a good thing she went shopping, at least now she has something beautiful and elegant to wear to her first date ever.

Appearance they say, is very important.

Even though she was sure nothing good would come out of this dinner date, she still unconsciously anticipated it.

She had dreamt of a day like this ever since she first laid her eyes on Markian.

He had been very nice to her back then, but she was too shy to even thank him for his help. Would he remember that day, or has it become some meaningless memory that was very quick for him to discard?

She got dressed early and anxiously waited for the time. Slowly but surely, she dosed off to sleep.

She found herself in a play house she recognized quite well, it was hers and Sophy's play house when they were kids.

She was laying and the bed just like when they were kids, she often plays the sick daughter of a millionaire while Sophy was the doctor.

She tried getting up from the bed when someone stopped her.

It was Sophy, she hasn't changed at all, just like when they were kids.

Sophy took Livy's hand to check for pulse just like a doctor, while Livy just laid there staring at her twin sister.

She can't remember when last she had any dream of Sophy since her death. It was both a surprise and a relieve to see her sister again, so she just couldn't help but stare.