CHAPTER 20

⚠️ Warning!!! this chapter may contain nudity and other sexual contents. Reader's discretion is advised

Daniel

After everything that went down at the station, I just couldn't deal with anything else. At the end of the day, it's my fault that Felicity was dead.

Whomever hates Livy so much as to want to frame her for Felicity's death must really have powers in high place, because without a doubt Livy would have spent a night or two in jail if Markian hadn't showed up.

So for that, I was grateful. Today, it didn't matter if it was me or Markian that saved the day, the main fact was that she was out of that horrid place.

My phone vibrated in my pocket so I fetched it out to see an email. I opened to see what it was, it read; some evidence that shows not all that glitters is gold.

And with it were some files and a video too. I opened the video and I froze as I saw Livy in it.

Who sent these and how did they get hold of it? It's no longer a speculation that someone was out to ruin Livy and I need to find out who it is.

I quickly made a call to my private investigator in Minnesota, to find out all he can about the Luthel family and be descrete about it.

For all I know, it might just be an enemy she inherited from her mother, and Judy wouldn't take it lightly with anyone poking their noses around in her business.

Sophia was already dead and if they are the same people who pinned Felicity's death on Livy, it means they were involve in killing Felicity too.

It's very likely they are dangerous and could easily harm Livy if they wanted to, but I won't let that happen.

I poured myself a glass of brandy and thought about everything that happened today. I still can't believe Felicity was dead, and to thing that she was just a pawn in some lunatic's plot was just disheartening and sad.

Since I heard the news of her death and Livy being at the station, I've been blocking all other emotions by keeping busy trying to get Livy out instead of grieving or finding out who really killed Felicity.

But now that Livy was out, the feelings I've try to elude are finally hitting hard. I stood in front of the vanity mirror but for some reason my legs couldn't hold me up again so I staggered to the bed and sat on it.

After Felicity, I never thought I could love again. The sacrifice I made years ago was one of the sacrifices I have lived to regret the most.

Markian was 2years older than me, but we always acted like twins. Since I was a smarty pants, I entered High School together with him and we were known as the Winfrey duo back then in High School.

We practically did everything together, from partying to studying, and even had lunch together. You can't invite one of us to a party and not the other, but that wasn't hard to do since we were very handsome, rich and popular, everyone wanted to hang out with us.

Felicity transferred schools and joined us in 11th grade, but soon flowed with everyone in school as she was every guy's dream.

She was beautiful and the hottest girl in school then, but what attracted us to her was her boldness and confidence.

She had picked a fight with Markian and had called him an egocentric moron in front of the whole school because, he rudely turned down a prom-posal from a very shy girl then in our class who had a crush on him.

Markian swore he would get her back for the public insult and made her life in school unbearable. He bullied her for a while but that seemed not to work because she was so confident.