Chapter Five | Crash of Thunder

"Come on, Pres

"Come on, Pres. It's much more fun over here," Mason grinned, tugging me down the quiet alleyway. I'd just downed my third vodka soda, the alcoholic haze helping me forget all my troubles.

We had escaped our double date a few minutes ago, much to my friends' amusement. After Mason's fingertips skimmed the side of my breast for the second time, sending shockwaves through my body, I stood up and announced to my friends that we were leaving.

I smiled at the memory of Enzo's annoyed expression. He was not a fan of Mason's—nor any of the Theta Chi brothers really—but he knew it was only a casual fling.

Mason would provide a nice distraction from the man who was currently sitting in my living room, oblivious to my feelings.

"I'm so glad you called," Mason husked, drawing me out of my thoughts. He cupped my face in his hands, his mouth softly brushing over mine. "I missed your lips."

I sighed uneasily. He'd always been too gentle for me, his touch too tender, and at this point I was drunk enough to vocalize it.

"Hey. Let's get a little naughty tonight," I whispered with a wicked grin. I grabbed his ass cheeks in my hands and squeezed.

"I thought that's what we were doing already," he smirked, pulling me closer and kissing down my jaw.

I leaned back against the wall and tried to lose myself in his touch.

My eyes squeezed shut as I inhaled his fragrance: peppermint gum, soap, and pretentious beer.

I tried to pretend he smelled of leather, whiskey, and cigarettes instead, hissing in frustration when it didn't work. I pulled away with a groan.

"What's wrong, babe?" His eyes narrowed on mine in confusion.

"Your eyes are just.. so blue," I sighed, my lips curling into a pout.

"Um.. I'm sorry, I guess?" Mason's forehead creased, his puzzled expression causing the guilt to wash over me.

"No, don't be. They're nice," I breathed, licking my lips. "Very pretty."

You want this, I reminded myself.

My eyes fluttered shut when he moved forward to kiss me again. His lips were warm and soft, his tongue lazily tracing my bottom lip. As his hands traveled up my side, teasing the skin that peeked out from the silver fabric, I gasped.

Warm brown eyes flashed behind my eyelids, Kol's full lips lingering in my brain.

I wrapped my arms around Mason's neck, running my fingers through his hair. It was too short, and I was unable to get a good grip.

The hair I longed to pull was thicker, fuller.. dark and soft.

It was no use pretending.

I was just about to push him away, when I felt someone behind me.